/etc//init.d/zaptel: line 40: /etc/init.d/functions: No such

Hi All,
I have installed asterisk and zaptel , after issuing make install i see the following:
###################################################

Zaptel installed successfully.

If you have not done so before, install init scripts with:

make config

###################################################

i issue make config and i see
install -D zaptel.init /etc/init.d/zaptel
/sbin/chkconfig --add zaptel
zaptel 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:on 4:off 5:on 6:off
Zaptel has been configured.

If you have any zaptel hardware it is now recommended to
edit /etc/default/zaptel or /etc/sysconfig/zaptel and set there an

then when i issue /etc/rc.d/init.d/zaptel start or /etc/rc.d/init.d/zaptel stop or /etc/rc.d/init.d/zaptel restart
I see the message
-bash: /etc/rc.d/init.d/zaptel: No such file or directory

Please advise.
sincere regards

Ok one mistake in copying and pasting the error:
it gives error
/etc//init.d/zaptel: line 40: /etc/init.d/functions: No such file or directory
when i issue /etc//init.d/zaptel start or stop or restart

kindly help.

Seems the zaptel script generated it’s not good for your linux distro, which one are you using ?

Cheers.

Marco Bruni

Hi thank you for your quick response.
I am using OpenSuse 10.3
and the zaptel version is zaptel-1.4.8

is there some fix?

sincere regards

You can find a version (nevere tried by me) for opensuse here: voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … Linux+SuSE .

Cheers.

Marco Bruni

Hi, thanks that works. I copied the zaptel script from link you provided and zaptel started,

Thanks again for the help.

The error you got was because some of the stuff refered to in the script is not in your path. Normally putting /sbin in your path fixes this. If you are running bash you can do this with:

export PATH=/sbin:$PATH

Hi Mathew!
Thank you very much indeed. Although the issue was already fixed, but i was really interested to know the reason. You have cleared the things up. I wonder why people at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+Linux+SuSE have to make complicated and provide with a ready-to-use zaptel script.

With best regards

mazhar

p.s. You are from Germany? Are you not?

No problem, that is handy to know for other init scripts as well. Once in a while I will need to kick something and get that error and putting /sbin in the path makes it go away.

As far as the name, yes, on my fathers side the bloodline is from Germany.

hi … sry, but i do not understand, what a missing file needed by (default-)zaptel-initscript have to do with the PATH-Variable.
(the initscript looks for /etc/init.d/functions - but there is no file called functions in /etc/init.d/ in my SUSE Distri)

… i have the same Problem like “mazhar996”, but i don´t think, that the “export PATH=/sbin:$PATH” solution handle this.

perhaps i have not enough know-how, but in that case could u please explain?

greetings Brandon_Heat

In at least a few init scripts I have found over the years, they require things found in /sbin, and /sbin has not been in the root users path.

The init script for asterisk may or may not be one of these.

That being said, if you are getting errors that something is not found, it sounds like (1) you are missing that piece or (2) you are not looking in the right place for that piece.

Like I said, I have seen /sbin not being in the path cause init scripts fail in the past.

Your mileage may vary, but it is harmless enough to try.