DTMF troubleshooting

I am trying to enable DTMF features, call forward and call parking, using GSM handsets. But i am unsure if I have the configuration right. I thought I enabled DTMF debugging, but when i press a key on the handset nothing happens on the console. can anyone advise what i am missing here?

root@ubuntu:/etc/asterisk# cat logger.conf

[general]
dateformat=%F %T       ; ISO 8601 date format
appendhostname = yes
rotatestrategy = rotate
event_log = yes

[logfiles]
console => notice,warning,error,dtmf
messages => notice,warning,error,verbose,dtmf
full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose,dtmf

Adding to this, I am able to test DTMF using this extension, when I dial 101 i can enter some numbers, but the string that is read back is multiplied. ie, if i dial 123…then playback (and verbose on the console) is 1111111222222223333333.

can anyone assist here? Also, i am still not sure if i have logger.conf correct. Should logger.conf display the logs in the console or is that a file i can look into? I understand that NoOp() will show verbose in the console.

exten => 101,1,Ringing()
exten => 101,n,Answer()
exten => 101,n,Wait(1)
exten => 101,n,Read(myvar)
exten => 101,n,SayDigits(${myvar})
exten => 101,n,Wait(1)
exten => 101,n,Hangup()

Read(variable,filename)
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Application_Read

ambiorixg12

I realize that i didnt type my question correctly. the link you sent it helpful for understanding the function of Read(), but it doesnt help me understand why when I dial phone number 101, then input a number (for myvar to read) for example, i type in 123. then the call ends, but when SayDigits begins playback, i dont hear 123, as i typed it. I here 11111111112222222233333333. SayDigits repeats my input 8 times. That is what i am not understanding about the read application as i have just executed it in calling 101.

This is wrong, you re not using the correct syntax analyze my previous example

Im sorry. i dont understand, my example is the same as yours?

exten => 101,n,Read(myvar)

are you saying the argument must include a filename?

variable name and file name at least

if i dont have an associated file, what would i include for the file name? I only wanted to test dtmf, i dont believe i have any file being called for this???

Also, i configured a soft phone, and can dial the 101 extensions without error on DTMF playback. that is if i press 123, i get 123, not 1111111222222233333333 as on the gsm handsets.