DPMA multiple registrations PJSIP

We just started doing the whole multiple registrations thing with PJSIP. It works great with multiple devices and zero or one DPMA device. However, I haven’t been able to figure out how to register two DPMA devices.

We also just recently switched to config_auth=mac as opposed to disabled. It makes it much easier to make sure the right phone is on the right line. So, with that in mind, I created another device and tried to associate it with the same line as another device.

Example

[000fd309736f](phone)
line=271
mac=000fd309736f
alert=myfancyalert
blf_contact_group=PBX Directory
blf_items=smartblf-271.xml
full_name=John Doe

[000fd3064102](phone)
line=271
mac=000fd3064102
alert=myfancyalert
full_name=John Doe

and line:

[271](line)
line_label=271 John
exten=271

That didn’t work. So on the devices, I changed the second one to line=271b and added:

[271b](line)
line_label=271 John
exten=271

Unfortunately that didn’t work either. When I switch back to user_auth=disabled. When the second device gets it configuration, the first device reboots.

Is this even possible? I really don’t want to put a non DPMA phone on here because I’ve got the company directory in the contacts.

Thanks!

Using DPMA, you won’t be able to apply the same type=line to more than one type=phone. In doing so, whoever has shown up most recently will win, and the other phone will be invalidated and restarted.

On the second attempt, the second phone was setup as so:

[000fd3064102](phone)
line=271b
mac=000fd3064102
alert=myfancyalert
full_name=John Doe

with:

[271b](line)
line_label=271 John
exten=271