DPMA for ARM Processors

Are there any plans for Digium to compile an ARM architechture version of the DPMA? Without the DPMA there are a lot of feature the ARM version of Asterisk can’t deliver.

Thank you,
Brandon Shults

[quote=“brandonshults01”]Are there any plans for Digium to compile an ARM architechture version of the DPMA? Without the DPMA there are a lot of feature the ARM version of Asterisk can’t deliver.

Thank you,
Brandon Shults[/quote]

Howdy,

It depends on customer demand. Right now, the inquiries are low, to a point where we’re not sure about the sales potential vs. the support burden. Have you already deployed Digium phones on an x86 system? Are our Sales people aware of any opportunities that you might have?

Cheers

I’ve already deployed Asterisk/ARM solutions using competitors phones. The only thing stopping me from deploying Digium phones would be an ARM DPMA solution. As long as the source code is written I really don’t see too many hang ups on porting it over to an ARM environment. I’ve been deploying and developing RISC solutions for over 20 years and in that time, RISC has made tremendous improvements. I strongly feel RISC will be a dominate force in the smart appliance field. I know it is a lot more then a simple “Porting” job, but if Digium can do this I know the port will be well received by both the Asterisk and Digium community.

Thank you for your time,
Brandon Shults