Distinctive ring detection broke in 1.4.x?

I have a problem getting Distinctive Ring Detection to work on a basic US POTS line connected to a TDM400P. Software is Asterisk 1.4.4 and Zaptel 1.4.2.1

The reason I’m pretty sure that its a 1.4.x issue is that the same exact configuration (hardware, software, etc) works with Asterisk 1.2.18 and Zaptel 1.2.17.1

Interestingly, with the 1.2.18 install, I get the standard “debug” statements when the line is ringing (ie: – Detected ring pattern: 382,322,309, etc). However, 1.4.4 (or 1.4.2 for that matter) DO NOT show this “detected ring pattern” debug statement at all.

Have I missed something?? Is there a change in the configureations for distinctive ring detection between 1.2 and 1.4?? Is this a known bug in 1.4??

Pulling my hair out here… Thanks in advance!!!

-Matt

I’m seeing the same issue on 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 with a Sangoma A200 FXO card. I set usedistinctiveringdetection=yes in zapata.conf and set core verbose 255 in the Asterisk console, but the distinctive ring debug messages don’t show up.

I can confirm this issue with zaptel 1.4.4 and CVS with a TDM400P

Checking the SVN repository, it seems there’s been several chan_zap configuration issues.

There’s a been a couple of bug reports, one of which I submitted, that should resolve this issue. Hopefully 1.4.5 will be released soon for those using analog and distinctive ring detection.

Steve.