Distinctive Ring/Alert-Info on Aastra phones?

Hi,

I’ve got a collection of Aastra 9133i and 480i phones, I’ve been testing the 1.4 firmware - mostly trying to get distinctive ring to work.

I cannot manage to alter the ring cadence though.

I’ve found that I can inject the Alert-Info SIP header by adding “SipAddHeader(Alert-Info: Bellcore-dr2)” into my dial plan. When I do Set(__ALERT_INFO=“Bellcore-dr2”) this does not alter the SIP headers.

I have put a line in the Aastra config file such as:
"priority alerting enabled: 1"
Which I would hope enables the functionality - but still no change.

What I want to do it have one ring for incoming-external calls and another for incoming-internal calls.

Can any one help me out?

Thanks,liam

PS i’m on Asterisk 1.2.5

i’m configuring an office of 25 newly upgraded to 1.4 phones tomorrow … this is bound to come up !

interesting that someone here voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … uto+Answer has an additional “info=” in the ALERT_INFO string, and they are only using a single underscore. sure, it’s not for ringtone, but it might make the difference.

my 480i is out on loan, so i’ll play tomorrow and let you know if i have any success.

Hi,

Thx, I’d appreciate any help with this.

I have played around a bit more, had a break and came back to it with a clear head. “Set(_ALERT_INFO=blah)” [single underscore] works for me, at least it puts the Alert-Info into the SIP header.

Still neither this nor SipAddHeader produce any change in ring cadence.

I’m wondering if the there’s a mistake in the manual or this functionality depends on switching something on/off on the phone which I’ve missed.

Cheers, liam

Hi,

I’ve spoken to Aastra technical support

############

You need to include the angled brackets around the Bellcore cadence statement in your extensions.conf

E.G.

exten => 1004,1,Set(_ALERT_INFO=)

You don’t need to enable the Priority alerting in the IP Phone (Web GUI) - this is only for use with the Sylantro SIP Server.

############

So there we go. I’ve tested it and it works!

,liam

ok, the Aastra documentation is wrong ! (in my opinion). the options that are supposed to apply to Sylantro apply to other firmware.

i added the following to my aastra.cfg, or you can edit the settings via the web GUI :

alert group: 0 alert external: 1 alert internal: 2 alert emergency:3 alert priority: 4

then added a test extension to extension.conf :

exten => 336,1,Set(__ALERT_INFO=info=alert-group) exten => 336,2,Dial(SIP/208|5|) exten => 336,3,Set(__ALERT_INFO=info=alert-internal) exten => 336,4,Dial(SIP/208|5|) exten => 336,5,Set(__ALERT_INFO=info=alert-external) exten => 336,6,Dial(SIP/208|5|) exten => 336,7,Set(__ALERT_INFO=info=alert-emergency) exten => 336,8,Dial(SIP/208|5|) exten => 336,9,Set(__ALERT_INFO=info=alert-priority) exten => 336,10,Dial(SIP/208|5|)
208 being my Aastra 480i (back from loan … forcibly !)

this works, and also tells me that Bellcore ring tones (un)officially suck !