Dialplan to ring a queue

Hi
i have a queue number 0398

all i need is just a context such that if anyone dial the number of queue 0398 , go and dial this queue

i tried this but not working :
i did context called zimo

[zimo]
exten => 0394,1,Dial(SIP/0394|30)

now any extention belong to that context shud be only be able to dial 0394 , but when they dial 0394 it dont ring the queue

can you plz help me what do i need to modify above so that it dial the queue 0394 ???

BTW the queue 0394 already created

thank you

Sorry, but you need to pay for a course or a consultant if you think that dialling a SIP device will access a local queue. This is not something for which you should need peer support.

Also the syntax you are using was last used in a version of Asterisk that reached end of life over three years ago.

If you use a supported version, there are examples of how to do this in the sample extensions.conf file, e.g. http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/12/configs/extensions.conf.sample. They are actually there to demonstrate another feature, as using Queues is assumed obvious.

[quote=“david55”]Sorry, but you need to pay for a course or a consultant if you think that dialling a SIP device will access a local queue. This is not something for which you should need peer support.

Also the syntax you are using was last used in a version of Asterisk that reached end of life over three years ago.

If you use a supported version, there are examples of how to do this in the sample extensions.conf file, e.g. http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/12/configs/extensions.conf.sample. They are actually there to demonstrate another feature, as using Queues is assumed obvious.[/quote]

really surprised with your reply
i didnt think queue will be a complex thing

thanks again for helping me i will try the link you sent me and see if i can figure it out

thank you

Queue is simple, at this level. It is too simple for you to need to ask the question you asked.

(Internally, Queue is far from simple!)

[quote=“david55”]Queue is simple, at this level. It is too simple for you to need to ask the question you asked.

(Internally, Queue is far from simple!)[/quote]

thank you david , i will

but if i got stuck i will ask u here agian :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
regards