Dial-by-Name Directory

I have set up our Company Voicemail and Extensions conf files so outside callers can access our employee Directory by either first or last name when they dial our main number - this works well. I cannot figure out how to allow our INSIDE employees to access the same Directory

I found the configuration in my Asterisk O’Reilly manual. Their modification to the config file talks about exten => 3,1,Directory(default,incoming,f) - this is for first name.

I put this in our “Incoming” context and it works well.
I cannot figure out what the config should be or where to insert it so our INSIDE employees can get the Directory.

Can someone please help ??

Thank you,
Sal (sfdpkmm )

You have your internal phones (extensions) pointing to some context in extensions.conf. If you have SIP phones, then in sip.conf for each extension you have, for example,

context=internal

which means this SIP extensions point to [internal] context in extensions.conf. The same for analog phones, you have it configured in zapata.conf.

I think you have two options. First one is to have the same or similar

exten => 3,1,Directory(default,incoming,f)

in [internal] extensions.conf context (whatever context name you have in your configurations). The second is to include “incoming” context in [internal] (whatever name you use), like

[internal]
include => incoming

thus you will have access to Directory application. The first probably is better if you want to control accesses of employees.

Hope it helps.

Thank you very much - It did the trick.
Thank you.