I’ve got a situation here that I can’t figure out and hope someone could point me in the right direction. I’ve got an asterisk server connected via an EM trunk (em_w), and when I dial into it from the PBX, I’ve got a 3-4 second delay before asterisk starts executing. Then, asterisk passes it to another asterisk server, and I’ve got another 3-4 second delay before the 2nd box starts executing. Here is what I see in asterisk -r:
– Starting simple switch on ‘DAHDI/26-1’
[b]3-4 second delay[/b]
– Executing [111111@pbx_incoming:1] Macro(“DAHDI/26-1”, “dial_pager,222222”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-dial_pager:1] NoOp(“DAHDI/26-1”, “macro-dial_pager”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-dial_pager:2] Dial(“DAHDI/26-1”, “IAX2/asterisk2/623554”) in new stack
– Called asterisk2/222222
– Call accepted by 10.x.x.x (format ulaw)
– Format for call is ulaw
[b]Another 3-4 second delay[/b]
– IAX2/asterisk2-9083 answered DAHDI/26-1
At first I had overlapping extensions in my dialplan, and this was adding even more time onto it, but I’ve eliminated that now. I’m wondering if the trunk is waiting for the caller ID (our PBX is not sending it). Could that cause a delay like that? Or are E&M trunks just slow by nature? We have ISDN trunks as well, and there are no delays at all.
Here is my chan_dahdi.conf:
group = 2 ;em
channel => 25-48
Thanks for any help you can provide.