Debug voicemail (and other paths)

dear @ all,
I’d like to run astrisk, wich is an awsome piece of softaware. But today I get really frustrated.
It is an issue with the mailboxfiles normally placed in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/de - as far as iI know.

The router asterisk is running on has not a persintent /var/lib directory, so I decided to place them somewhere else. with the configDir modulesDir and all the other astrisk stuff Im doing the same.

The console can’t stop telling me:

[Nov 25 19:29:39] WARNING[8348][C-00000004]: file.c:701 ast_openstream_full: File vm-theperson does not exist in any format
[Nov 25 19:29:39] WARNING[8348][C-00000004]: file.c:1017 ast_streamfile: Unable to open vm-theperson (format (ulaw)): No such file or directory[/code]

that is really ok, bvut I don't know, where where the file is searched. 
all increasing of the core debug the sip debug and all other debug triggere may sencefull, wont tell me, [i]where astrisk is searching the file [/i] vm-theperson.

my configured dirs are:

[code]  [directories]
astetcdir => /var/media/ftp/UStor01/asterisk/conf 
astmoddir => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
astrundir => /var/run/asterisk

astvarlibdir =>  /var/lib/asterisk
astdbdir => /var/lib/asterisk
astkeydir => /var/lib/asterisk
astagidir => /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin

astdatadir => /var/media/ftp/UStor01/asterisk/data
astspooldir => /var/media/ftp/UStor01/asterisk/data/static-http/config/

astlogdir => /var/media/ftp/UStor01/asterisk/logs

I’ve placed the sound dir to:

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds
/var/media/ftp/UStor01/asterisk/data/sounds
/var/media/ftp/UStor01/asterisk/sounds

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds// if I remember correctly, and before you overode the default directories.

NB it is looking for a file with that base name but with suffix corresponding to a sound format for which it knows how to convert to the codec in use.

thx for the feeadback,
there was a typo in my sip.conf detremine the language :frowning:

now linked /var/lib/asterisk/sounds// th the palce where the files are, and everything works fine.