DAHDI 2.6.1 does not build in Linux kernel 3.8.0-29-generic

Hi,

I downloaded source codes of DAHDI 2.6.1 and Linux Kernel 3.8.0-29-generic.

When I typed sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) to install linux kernel header I got the message as shown below:

I am facing problem when I try to compile and install DAHDI on my UBUNTU Server. It displays me the messages displayed below:

I am a newbie in this regard. Kindly help me figuring the problem out, and also guide me to the solution of the problem. It’s a bit urgent!

Regards,
Nazish Kanwal

i was with same problem, but my version is diferent dahdi-linux 2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1, and the same error:
You do not appear to have the sources for the 2.x.xx.xxx.x…el6.x86_64 kernel installed.
others kernel and same error continuous…

yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
yum update

yum install bison bison-devel ncurses ncurses-devel zlib zlib-devel openssl openssl-devel gnutls-devel gcc gcc-devel gcc-c++ libxml2 libxml2-devel newt newt-devel sqlite sqlite-devel glibc glibc-devel readline readline-devel libtermcap libtermcap-devel make make-devel libtool libtool-devel libtermcap libtermcap-devel unixodbc unixodbc-devel perl perl-Net-SSLeay perl-Crypt-SSLeay doxygen curl-devel mlocate lynx tar wget nmap bzip2 mod_ssl crontabs vixie-cron speex speex-devel unixODBC unixODBC-devel libtool-ltdl libtool-ltdl-devel ImageMagick ImageMagick-devel ImageMagick-perl

both installed and updated and reboot, but error continuous…
the same messenger show too in others kernel versions and all are update last version,

but after hours trying a solution, i fixed it error msg, using this dahdi (live):

svn checkout svn.asterisk.org/svn/dahdi/linux/trunk dahdi-linux
svn checkout svn.asterisk.org/svn/dahdi/tools/trunk dahdi-tools
cd dahdi-linux
so, i did make && make install, etc

font/source: docs.tzafrir.org.il/dahdi-linux/ … quirements

and all right!
i’m using centos 6.5 last kernel and kernel-devel and try too 6.4 and 6.3
now it is work pretty well in all.

sorry my bad english, any thing call me :wink: