Converting Lines to WiFi

I NEED TO CONVERT 4 INCOMING VOICE LINES TO A WI-FI SIGNAL WITH HUNTING. WE WOULD LIKE TO USE WI-FI PHONES WITHIN OUR OFFICE. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Yes. Don’t do it.

I’ve deployed WiFi handsets (Zyxel P2000W v1 and v2) at two locations now, and the problems I’ve experienced are:

Poor battery life ( <1 hour talk time, < 8 hour standby time)
Poor reception (many dropped calls and choppy audio)
Configuration headaches
Phones just drop off the network entirely and won’t re-register without entering the settings again

IMHO the technology is not yet sufficiently mature. A better solution is to go with DECT or other cordless phones and analogue telephone adapters (ATA) or a media gateway. I also understand from reading the forum that there are now available digital cordless phones with a SIP base station. This sounds optimal, although I have no experience with it.

I found the Zyxel P2000W v2 stable enough with wv0002 firmware. I use it anywhere I can pickup a wifi signal. The primary purpose for me is to monitor a line. I do not have any drop troubles, and it registers cleanly on boot to whichever WLAN it discovers - as I’ve configured in the phones WLAN Profiles. I power it off when I leave the office, then back on when I reach a known WLAN destination.

You can not roam/change access point mid call, at least with the plain vanilla APs I am accessing. Battery life is limited, but it lasts a work-day, and it can use USB power or the provided A/C adapter to recharge. If the WLAN is not saturated quality is fine, or supports TOS/QOS and you can configure both phone and WLAN to work together to get voice prioritized.

For another practical solution I used cordless 5.8GHz analog (like Uniden TRU8665 2-line, $85 @circuitcity w/2 handsets) off a Digium Wildcard TDM400P. Configure each handset for a circuit, add more as required. Voicemail notification led works, etc.

why not try F1000 from Utstarcom(www.dantech-digital.co.uk