Controlling Asterisk with Windows

I have an application of telephony on Windows and it is very difficult to move right now to Linux. I want to try to manage Asterisk from Windows to join both applications. I think that a FastAGI would be the best way to do it, so I looking for an application for that situation, right now I testing with Adhearsion and Ruby on Windows but I don’t have result yet. So my question is very easy: Exist an application for Windows to control Asterisk on Linux?? Or the version of Asterisk to Windows is truly stable??
Best regard.

Asterisk doesnt work on windows.

You can control Asterisk from windows. The easiest way is to use the Manager API but you could also write to the config files via SCP. Search the wiki for more info on the Manager API.

several means exist for controlling asterisk from windows… im not sure if you are talking about originating ans controlling calls or just configging it…

for configging it obviously there is the web based asterisk gui which you can use firefox on a windows machone to config your asterisk…

the asterisk management interface esp in the later versions of 1.4 is very feature rich and you could write an app in say VB.NET, C#, etc to control various aspects of asterisk from a windows machine…

if you are looking at automation for say home integration you can look at the XAPasterisk connectors that are out there
-Christopher

First of all forgive me for my English. My real intention is: Asterisk receive the call and make the telephony part (media, codec, signaling…), give the appropriate data to the application on Windows, this application make the decision (based on CDR or anything else) and order to Asterisk what to do with the call. I think that the best way is a FastAGI, but I can’t find something like a FastAGI server to Windows.
Cadillackid talk about XAPasterisk, can anybody help me with this too??:oops:
Thanks for your attention. [/list][/quote]

Can you tell us the name of the Windows application that you are using?

Perhaps someone here will have some experience with it.

The application is CallSuite!!!

The application is CallSuite.
The CallSuite implementation of the CT Application Development Environment is a collection of ActiveX components that make it easy to add telephony features to your existing systems or create applications from scratch. CallSuite custom components can be used in any Windows development environment that supports ActiveX components. The most commonly used development environment is Visual Basic, and others include Visual C++, Delphi, FoxPro, and PowerBuilder.
I know that Asterisk can do the same thing so much easy but the application run fine and it’s very dificult to make the change for Asterisk.

You could try it with asteriskwin32.com but im not sure the AGI works in this version.

Also, I started having a lot of trouble with asterisk for windows after a while, its buggy.

One thing you should try is the IVM from NCH, it has nice features, and you can easily make plugins for it to interact via stdin / stdout.

Its only slow to configure each OGM (equivalent to “context” in asterisk) via GUIs… Note that all ogms are ini files created on a IVM folder, so its a lot easier to create ini files by hand…

You may be able to do some Windows Integration though HUDlite (fonality.com/hud_features.html). This can integrate with Web based applications like CRM systems and pop-up screens, etc when a call comes in via it’s CLI.

I think you might want to look at using the asterisk management interface and taking advantage of some of the new call control features the later 1.4 as well as TESTING with the 1.6, you could easily talk to this with a VB or C# etc program and do a lot of call setup and monitoring… if you are looking to write a softphone you would still have to have a sip stack or VOIP tools package… but sounds to me like you are mainly wanting call setup , monitoring, and teardown
-Christopher

AFAIC, I will just ditch Windows for Linux and start everything from scratch, instead of trying to accomplish the task with two different computers running with two different OSes. The reason is simply to achieve more stability with less overheads, let alone more greener.

I thought asterisk itself can do all of these without a 3rd party software involvement, can’t it?