COnnected Line Presentation questions

Hello,

Experimenting with an Asterisk 16.28 instance, I observed that when a PJSIP endpoint dials another PJSIP endpoint, Asterisk sends back to calling endpoint, a 183 Session Progress message which includes a P-Asserted-Identity header. This header includes both callee’s name and number.

1. For the sake of completeness, how can you mimic this behaviour (sending callee’s name back to caller in a 183 Session Progress message) with dialplan applications ? If I’m not mistaken CONNECTEDLINE() kicks in later when call the is answered.
    Displaying a text back on caller’s phone as soon as call is received can be useful to give caller an opportunity to cancel before the call effectively processed.

2. On a call by call basis, how can you control the sending of callee’s name (callee number is known but some may want to limit presentation to number only) with Dial application ? Several Dial options deals with privacy but none seems to match.

Best regards

CONNECTEDLINE() has no knowledge of answer or unanswered. That’s up to the channel driver. For PJSIP there is the “rpid_immediate” option to cause connected line updates to be sent on unanswered incoming calls.

I’m not sure what you mean by control exactly, but there is a subroutine[1] that can be used to change/update before connected line update is sent. To just outright block them in Dial() there is the ‘I’ option.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Party+ID+Interception+Macros+and+Routines

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.