Hi All, I have the most strange issue with call recording.
We have a distributed system, ie, the asterisk server is in a central location (hosted) with extensions registering via broadband etc. Office A, B, C etc type thing.
Office A, and B, have perfect call recording - with may be 1 or two dropped packets (gaps) in the WAV file over an average of 20-30 minutes. However office C has terrible call recordings - with exactly the same settings.
I’m turning to the community on this one because i simply don’t understand how this could be the case and don’t really know what direction to try.
- I’m recording using MixMonitor (i understand this to be the correct method)
- All calls (both sides) are in g729, pass-through. (handset - asterisk - upstream provider)
- WAV file is as wav49 (WAV with GSM compression)
- Disk is RAID - Never reported a disk queue over 1 ever! ( I even tried a ram drive - same thing, its not the disk IO)
- Sound over the actual phone is almost perfect, agents dont report poor quality, or gaps, however the recordings are full of gaps.
- Sounds like: Hello, y…u are sp…ing with Sa… how c…n i hel… you.
(if it was an actual conversation it would not be possible to understand each other)
- At most there are 5 calls being recorded at one time, although the choppy audio can happen when there are no other calls being recoded.
I’m pretty sure it not a resource problem, since on the same system and the same time its fine for others.
If it was say a jitter or line quality problem from the broadband connection, why then are both sides of the conversation choppy - the agent is as broken up as the customer.
Does anyone have any ideas? I have been scratching my head, and upgrading the box for months.