Choosing effective search KEYWORDS

I realize that Google is the preferred tool to quickly find the information one needs and to avoid endless repetition of the same question being asked over and over again.

That being said, I had a question: “What does the + symbol indicate in the dialplan context below”.

do our real dialing exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Gtalk/MyAccount/${EXTEN}@voice.google.com) exten => _+1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Gtalk/MyAccount/${EXTEN}@voice.google.com)

I tried a keyword search using: dialplan, +, matching and the question remained unanswered. Although, I would like to know the difference between the two lies of code, I think I am more interested in understanding how to leverage Google to find the answer.

I also tried to constrain a Google search to digium.com, but again, the search was not fruitful. Ditto with the forum search: maybe the question should be given a search engine (be it Google or the Digium Forum search), what are the right keywords and syntax (show an example) to answer the genesis question.

There are really two questions here (what is the answer and how to search for it), constructive \ actionable guidance is appreciated.

The same as it means on GSM phones (all your GSM phone book numbers should begin with “+” if you ever intend to use the phone outside your national numbering plan area - I presume this applies to TDMA and LTE as well).

It means this is an international number, and if manually dialing, you should replace the “+” by an international access code.

Users in the North American Numbering Plan area can get confused, as their “use default toll carrier” prefix is the same as their country code (1). In the UK, a + format number (targeted at another UK number) would begin +44, but a national number would begin with 0.