Change SIP header

I would like to have the inbound DID appear in the SIP header. I am using a program called Fax maker and it is not seeing that info.

My setup is an asterisk box with an asterisk gateway. Fax maker is registered as an ext and can send/receive faxes.
The ext has a DID assigned to it. I also tried routing the DID to the ext but same issue. Don’t see the DID in the header.

Some help please… I have ideas just don’t want to brake anything.

Please supply the incoming INVITE’s headers, the outgoing INVITE’s headers and what you actually want the outgoing header to look like.

You may need to:

• supply outgoing digits in the Dial parameters;
  • set CALLERID(dnis)
  • enable additional headers
  • use AddHeader
  • use both delete and add header applications.
  • etc.

But without a clear explanation of what you want to do, its difficult to be sure what is actually needed.

I want the extension being called to see what DID the inbound is coming from. It displays the Caller ID but not the DID

I guess a similiar example would be:

I had a phone assigned 10 DIDs to it and it didn’t have enough line keys. Each call that came in would have to be identified as coming in from DID A, B, C, etc. Then the Caller ID would say Caller ID on DID. Not exactly the same but only thing I could think of.

What do you need to send to the phone to make it show the dialed number indication?

In some cases phones will only show CLID, so you would have to cheat by putting the information in the field intended for the caller’s name.

Do you need both CLID and DNID, or could you use CLID to display the DNID?

The Asterisk dial string can provide a DNID to override the To header; you place it after an “!” at the end of the dial string. However, this is only of any use if the phone knows what to do with it. Also a phone probably won’t make a distinction between the invite URL and the To header one, so simply providing DNID as the digits to dial will probably work.

Dial(SIP/section!DNID)
Dial(SIP/section/digits)
Dial(SIP/section/digits!DNID)

None of this adds any headers.