chan_zap.so not compiled when running make

Asterisk Version 1.4.0-beta3
Zaptel Version 1.4.0-beta2
/proc/version: Linux version 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4 (bhcompile@hs20-bc1-4.build.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)) #1 Tue Jul 11 22:41:14 EDT 2006
hardware:TDM400P

I am following the zaptel installation guide at voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+ … stallation and have gone up to the point where I can modprobe zaptel, modprobe wctdm, and run ztcfg -vvvv without any error messages. In the guide, it says to go back to asterisk to do make && make install after rebooting the system. I’ve done that and chan_zap.so does not get compiled and there are no error messages during the make process. Any suggestions?

Hard to say with 1.4… Have you tried with 1.2 version of Asterisk and Zaptel?

I would

mv /usr/lib/asterisk/modules /backup/some/where
mv /var/lib/asterisk /backup/some/where

then move all of the libpri files from /usr/lib

then recompile zaptel (make clean, ./configure, make menuselect, make, make install)
then recompile librpi (make clean, make, make install)
then recompile asterisk (make clean, ./configure, make menuselect, make, make install)

ALSO when you start asterisk make sure you have a modules.conf file…in 1.2 you could depend on some default behaviors. 1.4 requires that file… check the sample one for help

[quote=“celerius”]Asterisk Version 1.4.0-beta
Zaptel Version 1.4.0-beta2
/proc/version: Linux version 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4 (bhcompile@hs20-bc1-4.build.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)) #1 Tue Jul 11 22:41:14 EDT 2006
hardware:TDM400P

I am following the zaptel installation guide at voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+ … stallation and have gone up to the point where I can modprobe zaptel, modprobe wctdm, and run ztcfg -vvvv without any error messages. In the guide, it says to go back to asterisk to do make && make install after rebooting the system. I’ve done that and chan_zap.so does not get compiled and there are no error messages during the make process. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Hello ,

I had the same problem with the chan_zap.so
It was solved when I recompiled first libpri,then zaptel and finally asterisk
I saw somewhere that this order is important.
I don’t if it helps you,but it helped me…
Good luck :smile:

kritikia

Thank you, for some reason it started building chan_zap.so I’m not exactly sure what I did that made it do that as I was trying to many things. Is libpri actually necessary to build chan_zap.so? Isn’t libpri only used with ISDN? I don’t have an ISDN card in my system hence the reason for not building it. But in the process of trying to get it to work, I’ve installed libpri as well.