Chan_sip / chan_pjsip question

Hello,

I have issue where I got stuck on configuration of asterisk.
When used chan_pjsip configuration and define aor options for qualify it works good with other peer. However when use chan_sip and make configuration for qualify each time when used debug i got 408 code on CLI.

Is it possible to add port number in chan_sip configuration for qualify section, like on pjsip aor section?

Best regards,
Igor

I believe you can specify it using the “port” option on the SIP peer.

Hello,

I use that option after place host=“x.x.x.x” and still when use "sip set debug peer " it set only IP with out port number. So qualify messages go to end device and I can see on logs that I hit device but it never Respond, so I get 408 code.

I try pjsip with and without port on aor section. With port it normally Registered and Respond on options messages, but when I remove port it is Unreachable like on chan_sip.

So I guess that port is important for that Respond? And not really sure why when I define that port on chan_sip it not take it…

Can I add port on host section like host=x.x.x.x:port ?

Best regards,
Igor

You can certainly try. I’ve forgotten a lot about chan_sip so I don’t know for sure.

Do you have some documentation about chan_sip configuration so I can read? Or every thing for configuration is on sip.conf file already?

Thank you a lot.

Best regards,
Igor

All of our documentation is publicly available. The sample configuration is in the tree[1]. As chan_sip is a legacy module it does not have the same documentation available on the wiki as newer modules like res_pjsip.

[1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/asterisk/asterisk/master/configs/samples/sip.conf.sample

1 Like

I reviewed through some of my old pre PJSIP configs and looks like the port option should work. I never used it. but always left a space for it so i could

1 Like

Thank you for help on this issue. I tested today that option adding port on other platform and it’s works fine. Some problem is on end peer device witch Respond on pjsip configuration and not on old sip configuration. Bottom line is to I make pjsip to work with that end device, but until then I really need to find what are making this problem.

Best regards,
Igor