Cannot connect to the server! Please check

Hi Everyone

I am glad that I found this forum as I have been having some issues with getting my IP server changed to a new one and asterisk work with my A2Billing.

here is my problem:
my CentOS 5.8 server has an A2billing and Asterisk (version: 1.4.18.1) installed on it an works perfect but the only thing I want to do is to change the server IP to another one on the same sub net (eg. from 11.111.111.11 to 11.111.111.12), and I have looked into the asterisk and found that it starts and runs fine and have also updated the new IP in the manager.conf file but unfortunately I get the following error when I create users on the Customer interface and reload the server:
Cannot connect to the server!
Please check your manager configuration.

Please note that your help will be highly appreciated as I have read too many posts from the Google search results in regards to this error message but unfortunately none of them work for me and I have also notice that there is not a file called amportal.conf on my server and I am not sure if this is causing the problem but as I said the same billing system and asterisk work fine when I change the IP back to the old IP so the problem is with the new IP and I don’t know how to correctly change it. please help!!!.

Please also note that I am new with A2Billing and I didn’t install it but it was some other people who installed it for me but know I can’t get hold of them, so kindly pay attention to this when you post your reply to me because I might not be familiar with some commands and terminologies…

Thank you.

I would also like to post the manager.conf file settings below:

[general]
displaysystemname = yes
enabled = yes
webenabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

[xxxx]
secret = xxxx
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config

but I have also tried modifying it as in below:

[general]
displaysystemname = yes
enabled = yes
webenabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

[test]
secret=xxxx
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
write=all
read=all

[xxxx]
secret = xxxx
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config

but none of the above settings works.

I hope this gives a better clue as to where I have gone wrong.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi All

I hope someone comes up with some solutions for my problem as I am all stuck with it.

Thanks.

Hi

I would like to let you know that I have also updated the new IP in the file: sip.conf, but unfortunately it still doesn’t work and gives the same error message.

Please try to help as I am all depending on your help and suggestions now since I have not got a clue as to how I update this IP correctly.

Thanks.

Hi

I have now solved tha issue.

Thank you.

Please tell us how. That may avoid others needing to ask, and will mean that people, other than you, monitoring the forum will be able to answer if the question comes up again.