Can Asterisk route 911 to landline when using Google Voice?

Google Voice does not properly support 911 calls. Is there a way to configure Asterisk to handle 911 calls properly.

I read that the Obi 110 device can do this with a setup where it is connected to your internet router and also connected to the phone landline. Normal calls are sent by the Obi 110 to Google Voice via your router as usual. But 911 calls are directed by the Obi 110 to the landline. This should make it possible to avoid having to pay for a landline at all since 911 calls do not require a paid landline. Is that correct?

Is there a way to do this kind of setup with a Linux server running Asterisk. The Linux server would have two ethernet ports. One connected to the router as usual and the second connected to the phone landline using some kind of adapter (is it ATA?).

If you want to dial a 911 from a separate provider or line, then you just need to make a separate rule in the outgoing part of your dialplan. Very simple.

If you want to send the 911 calls via a crapy provider because your are to cheap to afford yourself an emergency/backup line or a VoIP provider account - sorry, can’t help you there. I rather stick to solutions that work.

Nice :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“dejanst”]
If you want to send the 911 calls via a crapy provider because your are to cheap to afford yourself an emergency/backup line or a VoIP provider account - sorry, can’t help you there. I rather stick to solutions that work.[/quote]