911 not working

Hey guys,

I got hired into a job that uses trixbox/asterisk for all it’s phone systems and I’ve been put in charge of them, so I’m learning this system the hard way :smile:

We have it setup to dial 9 to get an outside line.

Dialing 9911 works fine to get to 911.

What do I need to put where to get 911 to actually dial 9911 to get to 911?

Thanks for your help and sorry for being a noob! :stuck_out_tongue:

This is what I do. I have it in a separate context which is only used for phones that are actually in the office, and excluded for soft phones and so on.

At some point I may add an AGI to email and/or call the operations staff when 911 is dialled so that we can respond as well, but of course I don’t want to interfere with the call itself.

[mayday]

exten => 9911,1,Answer()
same => n,Dial(SIP/CISCO2651XM/9911)
same => n,Hangup()

exten => 911,1,Answer()
same => n,Dial(SIP/CISCO2651XM/9911)
same => n,Hangup()

Ok cool, so I just add this to the extensions_custom.conf with my SIP provider correct?

Not exactly.

Look for where the dialplan catches 9911 and add 911 with the same string. The Dial application in my example uses my own PRI interface, and you’ll have to use yours instead.

If you can post the relevant part of your dial plan then I might be able to be more specific.

Ok, where would I find this? I assume some file with .conf? Sorry I’m just trying to get my head wrapped around this.

You should read the book: http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9780596517342/index.html

Ian