Call transfer issue

Hi!

I want to use the default values to start a call transfer (atxfer and blindxfer), but asterisk does not accept my DTMF tones as long as I define more than one char in the features.conf. If I define the single char “#” for blindtransfer and “*” for atxtransfer, I can successfully transfer calls. If I define 2 chars, it just does not accept the tones. I stripped down the config as much as I could but I just cannot find the reason for this.

This works with “*” and “#” to transfer calls:

root@pbx:/etc/asterisk# grep -v '^;' features.conf |grep -v '^$' [general] parkext => 70 ; What extension to dial to park parkpos => 71-79 ; What extensions to park calls on. These needs to be ; numeric, as Asterisk starts from the start position ; and increments with one for the next parked call. context => parkedcalls ; Which context parked calls are in ; (default is 45 seconds) ; when someone dials a parked call ; Defaults to 'first' available pickupexten = *8 ; Configure the pickup extension. Default is *8 ; feature activation. Default is 500 [featuremap] blindxfer => # ; Blind transfer atxfer => * ; Attended transfer

But the following does not work:

root@pbx:/etc/asterisk# grep -v '^;' features.conf |grep -v '^$' [general] parkext => 70 ; What extension to dial to park parkpos => 71-79 ; What extensions to park calls on. These needs to be ; numeric, as Asterisk starts from the start position ; and increments with one for the next parked call. context => parkedcalls ; Which context parked calls are in ; (default is 45 seconds) ; when someone dials a parked call ; Defaults to 'first' available pickupexten = *8 ; Configure the pickup extension. Default is *8 ; feature activation. Default is 500 [featuremap] blindxfer => #1 atxfer => #2

To be complete, here my extensions.conf:

[code]root@pbx:/etc/asterisk# cat extensions.conf
[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=yes
autofallthrough=yes

; Sip Telefone beginnen mit 2
[sip_phones]
exten => _2X,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},30,Ttr)
exten => _2X,2,Voicemail(${EXTEN})
exten => _2X,102,Voicemail(20)
exten => _2X,103,Hangup
[/code]

And here is my sip.conf:

[code]root@pbx:/etc/asterisk# cat sip.conf
[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
context = default-calls
srvlookup=yes
language = de

[20]
type=friend
context=sip_phones
secret=XXXXXXXXXX
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
username=20
mailbox=20

[21]
type=friend
context=sip_phones
secret=XXXXXXXXX
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
username=21
mailbox=21

[22]
type=friend
context=sip_phones
secret=XXXXXXXXX
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
username=22
mailbox=22
[/code]

Help will be appreciated!

T.

not seen it before, does adding featuredigittimeout => 500 transferdigittimeout => 10 to [general] help ?

[quote=“baconbuttie”]not seen it before, does adding featuredigittimeout => 500 transferdigittimeout => 10 to [general] help ?[/quote]
No. Same problem. It doesn’t even seem to detect the “#” when there’s more than one char defined.

is Asterisk actually registering your modified feature defs ? what does ‘show features’ return ?

[quote=“baconbuttie”]is Asterisk actually registering your modified feature defs ? what does ‘show features’ return ?[/quote][code]show features
Builtin Feature Default Current

Pickup *8 *8
Blind Transfer # #1
Attended Transfer #2
One Touch Monitor
Disconnect Call * *

Dynamic Feature Default Current

(none)

Call parking

Parking extension : 70
Parking context : parkedcalls
Parked call extensions: 71-79
[/code]
Doesn’t lok too bad, does it? Just doens’t work. :frowning:

What do I have to enter on the CLI when started with -vvvgc to view very verbose details to a SIP call like the interpretation of DTMF tones? Maybe that brings a hint to where the problem could be.

CLI> set verbose 10 would increase the verbosity. if you’re unsure as to whether Asterisk is seeing your DTMF, write a little context/extension that Read(MYNUMBER)s, then SayDigits(${MYNUMBER}) … but the # is the string terminator, so you can’t detect that except that once you hit # the next priority should execute immediately.

Well, I was thinking about something even more verbose. In either case (wether with one char (working) or with two chars (not working)), asterisk shows nothing about what it detected on the line. I was hoping to see something like “DTMF # detected, using feature blindtransfer”. In case it’s working (one char feature), asterisk tells me that it started MOH, then that it is playing ‘pbx-transfer’. When it’s not working, asterisk tells me nothing.

I think I can omit that because asterisk is properly working in case I define a single char to a feature. So it is obviously able to generally detect the leading “#”.

Any hints on what else I could try or what else could give me more details about the cause of this issue?

post your actual features.conf as it stands now, and the section(s) from extensions.conf where you Dial().

at first glance, it looks like i would expect. Asterisk obviously doesn’t agree.

I did that already in my first posting. But I’m glad you offer help, so here you are again:
features.conf

[code]root@pbx:/etc/asterisk# grep -v ‘^;’ features.conf |grep -v ‘^$’
[general]
parkext => 70 ; What extension to dial to park
parkpos => 71-79 ; What extensions to park calls on. These needs to be
context => parkedcalls ; Which context parked calls are in
featuredigittimeout => 500
transferdigittimeout => 10

[featuremap]
blindxfer => #1
atxfer => #2
[applicationmap]
;callee if #9 was pressed
root@pbx:/etc/asterisk#
[/code]

and the part from the extensions.conf in which I dial:

[code]root@pbx:/etc/asterisk# cat extensions.conf
[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=yes
autofallthrough=yes

; Sip Telefone beginnen mit 2
[sip_phones]
exten => _2X,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},30,Ttr)
exten => _2X,2,Voicemail(${EXTEN})
exten => _2X,102,Voicemail(20)
exten => _2X,103,Hangup [/code]

And some additional info:

*CLI> show version Asterisk 1.2.12.1 built by buildd @ terranova on a i686 running Linux on 2006-11-29 20:01:37 UTC *CLI>