[Call parking] Full + Call hangs up

I have 2 problems with Asterisk + Cisco SPA 504G phones. Before posting this question, I’ve done my research, asked some questions, but I am not very good in “computer software, actually I have no knowledge at all”… Here’s the thing! Also, I used incrediblePBX 11 that includes Asterisk.

When parking slots are full, and a user use Speed dial via the CISCO IP phone (I programmed one of the soft keys to park the calls:Key: fnc=sd;ext=70@10.0.1.103;nme=Park), the call will fail and it will automatically hangs up.

I found that someone who has the exact problem as me posted this at http://asterisk.inmte.com/viewtopic.php?p=91004&sid=202bf43a6e3ab98d6b8cacf2c2dcb4bb:

[quote]features.conf
parkext => 700
parkpos => 701-702
context => parkedcalls

On the Cisco phone, I programmed one of the soft keys to park the calls:
Key: fnc=sd;ext=700@10.0.1.103;vid=1;nme=Park

I can either press this key or dial #700 to park the call. Both work smoothly.

The problem happens when I try to park a call when the parking lot is full:

• if I try to park it with dialing #700,I get a warning message saying that it can’t be done. The existing call (that I tried to park) stays on as intended. This is the desired behavior.

• On the other hand, if I try to park it via using the Key (which sends a REFER), Asterisk responds with a SIP 503 message (which the phone processes correctly telling me that its an invalid transfer). However, the existing call is gone - both caller and callee’s phones show as if there is a call, but they are not connected to each other. There is no SIP BYE. Asterisk CLI says :
    Spawn extension (callee) exited non-zero on ‘Parking\SIP\caller’…

Is there something that can be done not to lose the call?

I noticed that parking with dialing #700 and parking with the key button seem to be handled differently in the Asterisk code with different results in this case:

#700 goes thru xfer_park_call_helper and eventually masq_call_transfer in features.c.
Key method (REFER) goes thru sip_park_thread in chan_sip.c, ast_park_call_exten and park_call_full in features.c.[/quote]
The person says he solved the problem on his last post:

[quote]I noticed that there are two different ways to park a call in Asterisk:

masq_park_call and park_call_full in features.c

masq_park_call behaves exactly the way we want it - if there is no parking space left, it plays a failure message and hangs up the masqueraded chan keeping the original channels intact.

In the other way (which covers our case), this doesn’t happen.[/quote]

Now, because I am pretty new, how do we change the park_call_fullto masq_park_call in incrediblePBX? I am not sure how the other dude did it… I can’t even find the feature.conf file anywhere, and not sure how to edit it.

Someone posted this, and I HAVE the exact same problem (only is my parkext is 70):

[quote]features.conf
parkext => 700
parkpos => 701-702
context => parkedcalls

I defined one of the unused keys to park the calls:
Key2:
fnc=sd;ext=700 at 10.0.1.103;vid=1;nme=Park

I also defined two other keys to pickup/unpark the calls:
Key3:
fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=701 at 10.0.1.103

Key4:
fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=702 at 10.0.1.103

Parking using these works smoothly.
I answer the incoming call, press Key2 to park the call. Call is parked, Key3 turns red showing there is a parked call.
If I want to unpark the call, I hit Key3 and the call is unparked.

My problem happens when Key3 and Key4 are idle (no parked calls): I answer the incoming call and without first parking the car, I hit one of the idle keys (Key3 or Key4), the phone sends a REFER message, and the incoming call hangs up.

I’m trying to find out why the call hangs up and how to prevent that? [/quote]

I posted the same question to the CISCO IP forum, but the developpers told me the problem is related to IncrediblePBX/Asterisk and not their phone, therefore asking me to post in this forum for help.

Would gradly appreciated if some food fellow/dev can help me out!! I am trying to solve this almost last problem, after giving up on key system, and learning on call parking until these problems occured. Maybe problems #1 and 2 are related?

This sounds to be a problem with the phone, but you could explicitly call the Park, or ParkAndAnnounce application from the dialplan and you would then be in control of the failure cause returned to the phone.