.call fine usage or autodial help

Hello

Can someone tell me about .call fine , i know its use to generate call i have my 1.call in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing like this

Channel: SIP/7026241632@syndeo
Callerid: 7022340175
MaxRetries: 5
RetryTime: 300
WaitTime: 45
Context: outboundmsg1
Extension: s
Priority: 1

My question is how can I check its really making calls ??? how does it makes calls…do I need to make a cron entry …what cron entry???

I would be really greatfull if someone could reply me back

anybody there to help me…???

voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … o-dial+out

is it making calls ? i don’t know, you haven’t attached a log. why not generate a .call file that calls you and dumps you into a context that plays you a sound file ?

no cron entry required. as the wiki says, Asterisk picks the .call file up immediately.

what should be the file name convention…should it be just .call file or it can be test.call,what in case if I want to have multiple .call file ,I guess second nameing convention is correct…please comment on it

My second question is how often does asterisk read this .call file…how can I set the frequency to execute the .call file in asterisk

most people find naming the .call file with some call parameters useful:

7775551212.10012006.223006.call
where i have listed a phone number, date,and timestamp when you touched the file for when you want it to go out. you can use words too of course.

this naming convention allows multiple call files to exist each with a unique name.

I don’t know how often it reads the call file directory, but I have found it very fast. When the call is made depends on the timestamp you touch it with. After the call is made, the file is deleted. Another call requires another .call file. See the wiki reference above by baconbuttie.

okay,so the name of the file defines when to execute the file???

no - if you had read previous comments and the link that baconbuttie had provided, you would know the answer to this.

the file is IMMEDIATELY picked up by asterisk as soon as it is written, UNLESS the modification date on the file is in the future - if the modification date is in the future, then asterisk will not pick up the file until the modification date/time has passed.

again, your questiosn have been answered already - please read the information we are providing you BEFORE asking the same question over and over.

Hello

Thanks for the help,when ever I create any .call file in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/ I cant see any file created,and it doesnt works …Please help

again, READ THE LINK BACONBUTTIE PROVIDED - it has the answers to the questions you are asking.

you do NOT create a call file directly in the outgoing directory, you create it in another directory and ‘mv’ it to the outgoing directory.

PLEASE read the links that are provided for you.

voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … o-dial+out

Hello

given below is my configuratoin for .call file

Channel: IAX2/spinnakers@vitel-outbound/14088344325
Callerid: 7022340175
MaxRetries: 5
RetryTime: 300
WaitTime: 45
Context: Kurt-IVR
Extension: 100
Priority: 1

Extensions.conf

[Kurt-IVR]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait(15)
exten => s,3,DigitTimeOut(10)
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeOut(10)
exten => s,5,BackGround(ivr-khi)
exten => s,6,BackGround(you-can-press)
exten => _1,1,Dial(IAX2/102,100,tr)
exten => _2,1,Dial(IAX2/100,100,tr)
exten => _3,1,Dial(IAX2/104,100,tr)
exten => _4,1,Dial(IAX2/vitel-outbound/18005558355,100,tr)
exten => i,1,Goto,Kurt-IVR|s|1
exten => t,1,Goto,Kurt-IVR|s|1
exten => h,1,Hangup

Now the problem is when ever the target phone rings IVR automatically starts , even if the target person doesnt picks up the phone,Is there any way to setup my dialplan to only start IVR when the target person picks up the phone…what am I missing in my Dialplan???