Building asterisk: Dahdi_hadware shows the board, dahdi_tool does not see it, dahid_genconf generates nothing

I am having a hard time trying to build Asterisk on Centos8 . The box runs on Centos7 but I need to replace the system. Under Centos7 DAHDI is ok on 2.10.2

I am using Centos8, updated. It runs gcc 8.3.1.
Asterisk is 17.6.0, libpri is 1.6.0 and I was trying DAHDI 3.1.0, 3.0.0, 2,11 and 2.10

Under DAHDI 3 the build says ok but I get the problem in the title: dahdi_hardware shows the board, a single TDM800 in my home box. But dahdi_tool shows nothing and dahdi_genconf builds empty files. I am not happy :frowning:

On the make all for dahdi 3.11 I see this warning

WARNING: could not find /usr/local/src/dahdi-linux-complete- WARNING: could not find /usr/local/src/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux/drivers/dahdi/vpmadt032_loader/.vpmadt032_x86_64.o.cmd for /usr/local/src/dahdi-linux-complete-

And also this

dahdi_cfg.c: In function ‘are_all_spans_assigned’:
dahdi_cfg.c:153:7: warning: ‘/span_count’ directive output may be truncated writing 11 bytes into a region of size between 0 and 1023 [-Wformat-truncation=]
    "%s/span_count", device_path);
       ^~~~~~~~~~~
dahdi_cfg.c:152:2: note: ‘snprintf’ output between 12 and 1035 bytes into a destination of size 1023
  snprintf(attribute, sizeof(attribute) - 1,
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "%s/span_count", device_path);

And also

CC       dahdi_tool-dahdi_tool.o
dahdi_tool.c: In function ‘sel_callback’:
dahdi_tool.c:167:40: warning: ‘            F10=Quit’ directive output may be truncated writing 20 bytes into a region of size between 1 and 197 [-Wformat-truncation=]
   snprintf(info2, sizeof(info2), "%-59s            F10=Quit", info);
                                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dahdi_tool.c:167:3: note: ‘snprintf’ output between 80 and 276 bytes into a destination of size 256
   snprintf(info2, sizeof(info2), "%-59s            F10=Quit", info);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dahdi_tool.c:163:40: warning: ‘ F1=Details F10=Quit’ directive output may be truncated writing 20 bytes into a region of size between 1 and 197 [-Wformat-truncation=]
   snprintf(info2, sizeof(info2), "%-59s F1=Details F10=Quit", info);
                                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dahdi_tool.c:163:3: note: ‘snprintf’ output between 80 and 276 bytes into a destination of size 256
   snprintf(info2, sizeof(info2), "%-59s F1=Details F10=Quit", info);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  CCLD     dahdi_tool

DAHDI 2.10 and 2.11 does not even compile and stops here

2.11.1+2.11.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/wctc4xxp/base.o
/usr/local/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.11.1+2.11.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/wctc4xxp/base.c: In function ‘wctc4xxp_init_one’:
/usr/local/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.11.1+2.11.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/wctc4xxp/base.c:4092:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘setup_timer’; did you mean ‘sk_stop_timer’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  setup_timer(&wc->watchdog, wctc4xxp_watchdog, (unsigned long)wc);
  ^~~~~~~~~~~
  sk_stop_timer
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

It seems funny this last line:

some warnings being treated as errors

Which lines? Why? What can I do about this lines? I did not get the purpose of this on the process. Is it on configure script

I would love to read some ideas on what to do next

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.