Background using PSTN

Hi,

We’re thinking about whether using Asterisk.

This decision takes into account whether Asterisk is able to make a call - started by a webpage - then play a recorded message to the user and finnaly hang up the call by itself.

What would be needed to connect to the PSTN regarding to my phone service provider. I mean about costs, troubles, etc… I’m asking for some backgroud.

PSTN termination is provided by you - telephony cards to lines you buy from your PSTN carrier or via IP trunks that you buy from a VoIP carrier that terminate to the PSTN.

Cheers.

[quote=“malcolmd”]PSTN termination is provided by you - telephony cards to lines you buy from your PSTN carrier or via IP trunks that you buy from a VoIP carrier that terminate to the PSTN.

Cheers.[/quote]

Great ! Thanks a lot, but what about Asterisk making a call - started by a webpage - then play a recorded message to the user and finnaly hang up the call by itself ?

no problem… your webpage can call the AMI interface ou use call files to originate calls. I use this for instance to make clic 2 call buttons on web pages, or outbound call campaigns for collections

I do appreciate your help.

Best Regards.