AVAYA + ASTERIX + VoIP provider. Is integration possible?

Hello people.

I am VERY new to VoIP. In fact all I know is how to use SKYPE with a USB phone.

What I am trying to find out is whether we can use Asterix with our Avaya IP Office 403 PBX so all of our users can use their current Avaya 2030 terminals to make outgoing calls based on cheaper rates.

I asume that a company suchs as vonage.com will need to provide us with that facility.

I also want to interconnect our offices (US and UK) so we can talk free via the IP stream.

Vonage.com offers free calls to US&Canada. This is something that we would like to utilize from our UK offices.

I am not sure what is the best scenario that can be used in our case.

Can you please share your thoughs on this as I’m very to VoIP.

Any ideas will be very much appreciated!!!

Thank you,

NETIZEN UK

With the IP office, you don’t need Asterisk as the go-between. With services such as Vonage, Voicepulse, SunRocket, etc., you get a terminal adapter. You take the output of that terminal adapter and connect it where the incoming trunks go on the IP Office.

Future releases of IP Office will support SIP connectivity directly from providers who offer the “Bring Your Own Device” option. Broadvoice is one such provider.

The IP Office system is a very feature-rich and relatively costly system with a much higher degree of “user friendliness” than you’ll find on the Asterisk. Asterisk can do almost everything that the IP Office does but not use the proprietary IP Office phones you already own.

Just get VOIP trunks and you’ll achieve what you’re looking for.

[quote=“NETIZEN”]Hello people.

I am VERY new to VoIP. In fact all I know is how to use SKYPE with a USB phone.

What I am trying to find out is whether we can use Asterix with our Avaya IP Office 403 PBX so all of our users can use their current Avaya 2030 terminals to make outgoing calls based on cheaper rates.

I asume that a company suchs as vonage.com will need to provide us with that facility.

I also want to interconnect our offices (US and UK) so we can talk free via the IP stream.

Vonage.com offers free calls to US&Canada. This is something that we would like to utilize from our UK offices.

I am not sure what is the best scenario that can be used in our case.

Can you please share your thoughs on this as I’m very to VoIP.

Any ideas will be very much appreciated!!!

Thank you,

NETIZEN UK[/quote]