Asterisk - Trying to configure my E1 cards through GUI

Dear All,

I am very new to linux and Asterisk so please bare with me.

I have installed Asterisk version 1.4.26.1 on CentOS 2.6.18-128.7.1.el5 32bit version.

I have a Sangoma A104d installed in the server and I followed the instructions to the letter from this site hxxp://wiki.sangoma.com/wanpipe-linux-asterisk-dahdi.

After a few reboots, I ran the program wanrouter status and hwprobe and my hardware seems to be talking to the drivers. Good so far.

I then configured 3 E1 ports with the wancfg_dahdi program and this completed successfully.

I then wanted to use the GUI to configure Asterisk as I am too much of a novice with linux. So I installed the GUI and was able to connect to the server.

The first thing I tried to do was to confgure the E1 cards which were displaying :

SPAN ALARMS Framing/Coding channels Used/Total Signalling

Card 1 - Port undefined (span_1) OK CCS/HDB3 30/31 NOT DEFINED

So I clicked on the edit button and filled out the parameters to match with the wancfg_dahdi settings. However every time I press update the changes are not saved. The following text is displayed in Asterisk:

– Executing [executecommand@asterisk_guitools:1] System(“Local/executecommand@asterisk_guitools-a34b,2”, “touch /etc/asterisk/applyzap.conf”) in new stack
– Executing [executecommand@asterisk_guitools:2] Hangup(“Local/executecommand@asterisk_guitools-a34b,2”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (asterisk_guitools, executecommand, 2) exited non-zero on ‘Local/executecommand@asterisk_guitools-a34b,2’
– Executing [executecommand@asterisk_guitools:1] System(“Local/executecommand@asterisk_guitools-e6b9,2”, “dahdi_scan > /etc/asterisk/dahdi_scan.conf”) in new stack
– Executing [executecommand@asterisk_guitools:2] Hangup(“Local/executecommand@asterisk_guitools-e6b9,2”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (asterisk_guitools, executecommand, 2) exited non-zero on ‘Local/executecommand@asterisk_guitools-e6b9,2’
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/dahdi_scan.conf’: Found
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/users.conf’: Found
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/dahdi_guiread.conf’: Found
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/…/dahdi/system.conf’: Found
[Aug 26 21:12:13] WARNING[7753]: config.c:765 process_text_line: Unknown directive ‘#’ at line 1 of /etc/asterisk/…/dahdi/system.conf
[Aug 26 21:12:13] WARNING[7753]: config.c:765 process_text_line: Unknown directive ‘#’ at line 2 of /etc/asterisk/…/dahdi/system.conf
[Aug 26 21:12:13] WARNING[7753]: config.c:765 process_text_line: Unknown directive ‘#’ at line 3 of /etc/asterisk/…/dahdi/system.conf
[Aug 26 21:12:13] WARNING[7753]: config.c:765 process_text_line: Unknown directive ‘#’ at line 4 of /etc/asterisk/…/dahdi/system.conf
[Aug 26 21:12:13] WARNING[7753]: config.c:765 process_text_line: Unknown directive ‘#’ at line 5 of /etc/asterisk/…/dahdi/system.conf
[Aug 26 21:12:13] WARNING[7753]: config.c:765 process_text_line: Unknown directive ‘#’ at line 6 of /etc/asterisk/…/dahdi/system.conf
[Aug 26 21:12:13] WARNING[7753]: config.c:765 process_text_line: Unknown directive ‘#’ at line 7 of /etc/asterisk/…/dahdi/system.conf
[Aug 26 21:12:13] WARNING[7753]: config.c:765 process_text_line: Unknown directive ‘#’ at line 8 of /etc/asterisk/…/dahdi/system.conf

I think the system.conf file is located in /etc/dahdi and here is the contents:

[root@Asterisk-PSTN dahdi]# cat system.conf

Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Wed Aug 26 20:41:25 2009

If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,

your manual changes will be LOST.

Dahdi Configuration File

This file is parsed by the Dahdi Configurator, dahdi_cfg

Span 1: WPE1/0 “wanpipe1 card 0” (MASTER) HDB3/CCS/CRC4

I don’t know where to go or what to look at from here. I’ve tried reading the O’Reilly book but it seems that this was written when zaptel was being used and its confusing me. I don’t want to mess my system up as it has taken me 3 days to get to this stage so could do with some kind offers of help.

Thanks very much,

ed

Your file is completely commented out, but using the wrong comment marker character. Use the correct comment character and don’t comment out lines you actually want to be obeyed.

OK thanks for the info. I will try that and report back.

I have added the following to the system.conf file:

span=1,0,0,cas,hdb3,crc4,yellow
bchan=1-8
dchan=16

However, any config I put in the GUI under “Hardware Config” is not being saved. This is what configure hardware is displaying:

, Card 1 - Port undefined (span_1) UNCONFIGURED 30/31 NOT DEFINED

Any ideas?

Ask on the support channel for the GUI.

Well I think the issue is with the system.conf file and putting the correct variables in here. If anyone has this configure with a Sangoma A104d please can you help me?