Configuring Asterisk

Hi, I have installed Asterisk on my FC 11 and have installed dahdi.
I have a compatible card with four ports two fxs and two fxo.
I setup chan_dahdi.conf to the best of what I can so when I execute “asterisk -vvvvc” I get a consol with cli>

I also have two phones connected to the phone ports and one line to the ptsn.

when I call home from my mobile I see the screen sense the call but my other phone do not wring

when I try to call local out or to the second port connected phone I hear a tone on both phones but as soon as I press a key I get a busy tone and also that is reflected in the consel.

I have set zaptel.conf as well with the ports.

if you can help me configuring the system I would be greatfull!

Joseph

All the files for specifically configuring dahdi contain “dahdi” in their name.

Without console logs and actual configuration files, it is too difficult to guess.

following is the configuration files that I have “only two” that I touched. … hope I can get help this weekend as I’m very excited to get it to work!!

Here is my chan_dahdi.conf
… was very long had to remove it from the thread…

zaptel.conf is not used by dahdi.

There is at least one mis-spelled option.

You have enabled an option that is not supported on analogue lines.

Hopefully the above two will be obvious when you look at the errors reported during startup.

As for zaptel.conf that is not used … do you mean … if I remove it, it will not affect asterisk … or do you mean its not used and need to be used?

Please help me with the miss spelled and the not needed option. I’m including a part of the log and I see only warnings in it … also the puffer scrolls up. I do run the program using “#asterisk -vvvvc”.

I have read that the Asterisk GUI might be easier for me to use on FC11, can it be installed using yum.

=====================
[Jan 28 17:50:23] WARNING[26624]: chan_dahdi.c:4674 handle_alarms: Detected alarm on channel 1: Red Alarm
– Registered channel 1, FXS Kewlstart signalling
– Registered channel 3, FXO Kewlstart signalling
– Registered channel 4, FXO Kewlstart signalling
– Automatically generated pseudo channel
[Jan 28 17:50:23] WARNING[26624]: chan_dahdi.c:15084 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to ‘userbase’ (on reload) at line 23.
[Jan 28 17:50:23] WARNING[26624]: chan_dahdi.c:15084 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to ‘vmsecret’ (on reload) at line 31.
[Jan 28 17:50:23] WARNING[26624]: chan_dahdi.c:15084 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to ‘hassip’ (on reload) at line 35.
[Jan 28 17:50:23] WARNING[26624]: chan_dahdi.c:15084 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to ‘hasiax’ (on reload) at line 39.
[Jan 28 17:50:23] WARNING[26624]: chan_dahdi.c:15084 process_dahdi: Ignoring any changes to ‘hasmanager’ (on reload) at line 47.
== Registered channel type ‘DAHDI’ (DAHDI Telephony Driver w/PRI w/SS7)

is mis-spelled.

isn’t meaningful for analogue lines.

I’m not sure what a red alarm means for analogue lines, but it needs to be the first thing you investigate.

You then need to make sure you are using dahdi, and have followed the dahdi setup procedures and have a /etc/dahdi.conf (name may not be quite right).

Note, if these cards are genuine DIgium cards, you should get installation support from DIgium’s commercial support people.

the first one is commented… maybe that is why I do not get error message.

the second one I can comment.

as for the dahdi.conf, is the same as zaptel.conf … or am I wrong here.
do I need to rename?

I was hopping to get it working this weekend by providing the logs… it seem like is not an easy task without support … you are right.

thanks!!

[quote=“verybigtiger”]the first one is commented… maybe that is why I do not get error message.

the second one I can comment. [/quote]

Both are uncommented in the configuration file you posted.

[quote=“verybigtiger”]as for the dahdi.conf, is the same as zaptel.conf … or am I wrong here.
do I need to rename?[/quote]

You need to regenerate the file using the dahdi tools.

No need to rename the files.
Option ZAP2DAHDICOMPAT=true

Maybe below post can help and explain more detail.
cadvision.com/blanchas/Aster … .conf.html

Rudi

Hi,
thanks for responding, as for adding the suggested command instead of creating different files that would be a better choice. what file should I add this too, Zaptel.conf or chan_dahdi.conf; also should I add “Option” with the line as following:
Option ZAP2DAHDICOMPAT=true

your help is appreciated.