Asterisk SDK

Hi,

I need open source asterisk SDK or API for C++ for developing own software(softphone) used asterisk server. Need your recommendations.

Best regards.

A softphone would not normally interact with the Asterisk code other than by standard protocols, like SIP, so would not normally care that it was talking to Asterisk.

Asterisk, itself, is written in C, so has no specific C++ interfaces. CTI applications for Asterisk are normally written in scripted or just in time compiled languages, so I doubt there is a pre-written C++class library for AGI or AMI. In any case, for many applications, it is almost as easy to implement the protocol directly.

[quote=“david55”]A softphone would not normally interact with the Asterisk code other than by standard protocols, like SIP, so would not normally care that it was talking to Asterisk.

Asterisk, itself, is written in C, so has no specific C++ interfaces. CTI applications for Asterisk are normally written in scripted or just in time compiled languages, so I doubt there is a pre-written C++class library for AGI or AMI. In any case, for many applications, it is almost as easy to implement the protocol directly.[/quote]

I need some open source SDK like http://portsip.com/

That’s not an Asterisk question, and certainly not an Asterisk end user question. Any Asterisk expertise is likely to be on the developer mailing lists, but it is only likely to cover the pjsip implementation used in the next generation of Asterisk.

In general, though, SDK’s tend to be the result of commericalisation of software. From open source, you will just get the source code, including header files.

Also, there is relatively little penetration of C++ into open source. Most code is written in C, even if it has an object oriented structure.

If you are talking about their IVR products, IVRs that use Asterisk use the Asterisk configuration language, or AGI scripts,normally written in standard scripting languages.

[quote=“david55”]That’s not an Asterisk question, and certainly not an Asterisk end user question. Any Asterisk expertise is likely to be on the developer mailing lists, but it is only likely to cover the pjsip implementation used in the next generation of Asterisk.

In general, though, SDK’s tend to be the result of commericalisation of software. From open source, you will just get the source code, including header files.

Also, there is relatively little penetration of C++ into open source. Most code is written in C, even if it has an object oriented structure.

If you are talking about their IVR products, IVRs that use Asterisk use the Asterisk configuration language, or AGI scripts,normally written in standard scripting languages.[/quote]

I only need C or C++ SIP Client SDK by Asterisk like PortSIP for developing my own application.

You are definitely on the wrong board. Given the apparent completeness of PJSIP, I suspect you have a choice between compomising on the C++ or compromising on the open source.

Asterisk is becoming a user of such libraries, not a provider of them. Even when it had a home grown implementation, it was as part of Asterisk, not for independent use.

[quote=“david55”]You are definitely on the wrong board. Given the apparent completeness of PJSIP, I suspect you have a choice between compomising on the C++ or compromising on the open source.

Asterisk is becoming a user of such libraries, not a provider of them. Even when it had a home grown implementation, it was as part of Asterisk, not for independent use.[/quote]

I dont need any pjsip or other SDKs. My question is here any sip client sdk writing c or c++ by asterisk. Any *.h header files and libraries like *.so or *.dll or *.lib files.