External Script languages

Hey I’m starting to write my own external scripts for our phone system to handle some of the more complex issues that we are facing. What kinds of scripting languages can asterisk be integrated with? I have seen php examples but I was hoping that I would be able to use something else. C/C++, C# etc… Thanks

C and C++ are not scripting languages, but you could write AGI or AMI programs in them. C# is more like Java, a just in time compiled language, but, again you could use it. Basically, if it can read standard input at the character level and write standard output with flushes, using UTF-8 encoding, it can be used for AGI, and if it can read and write TCP sockets in UTF-8, it can be used for AMI.

However, only Java and the common Unix power scripting languages are likely to have AGI libraries, so you will have to code more of the low level stuff in other languages.

Why did you thing that C and C++ might possibly not work? PHP and Perl are written in one of them.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I just don’t quite know where to start with this. I have been struggling to get odbc modules installed with asterisk so I am looking for an OOP approach to get data from a database and manipulate that data.
I was looking at this site as a possible java solution: http://asterisk-java.org/