Asterisk + jajah + reselling voip minutes?

hello, our smb in France plans rolling out an * server.
We are looking for a reliable VOIP provider, but as it seems, JAJAH being a web2 service using regular phones, consumes hardly any bandwidth initiating the call. This leaves us with pleanty spare bandwith that shall be unused, which is a pitty.
In order to stimulate ROI of our */voip investment, wouldn’t there be a way to offer our * box + available bandwith to more professionnal voip operators (in return of a flat fee f.ex.)? I have no idea whether such agreements are possible or common, but it makes sense to me… :smile:

thanks

hang on a sec…
jajah as i understand it has nothing to do with *- you just put two numbers into their website and they connect the two. Jajah doesn’t seem to work with *…

as for reselling your * capacity i suppose you could start selling VoIP minutes to other companies, but it is difficult to scrape much profit otu of this…

well, actually JAJAH is IAX (and thus *) compliant. You don’t really need the web interface.

i didn’t image becoming a milionaire with this, but it’d be nice to have some hints as how to start with French voip providers, as i don’ have any experience in this field…

ah then if you do that you are reselling your jajah minutes to other companies, make sure it’s not against their TOS.

if you do that you will probably be selling to other local companies, not to voip providers… also its sort of like starting a telco so you may have regs to deal with…

well, not exactly. Jajah just bridges the callers over the web, including the ‘last mile’ over the PSTN with the closest PSTN gateway available (like SKYPE). The’re not wholesale IP providers. So what i would resell is not Jajah, just my broadband connection (optimised for voip traffic).

yes. What would be interesting, is to get some concrete ideas of how handling this. I’m sure it must be possible…