Asterisk Appliance AA50 with RedFone FoneBridge?

Is it possible to use the RedFone FoneBridge with the Asterisk Appliance? If so, does anyone know to configure the Asterisk Appliance to make it work? The documentation at the RedFone site is rather lacking.

I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work. You would need to be able to edit the configuration files manually in order to configure it, using the docs on Redphones site as a guide. I have never worked on an appliance so I am not sure if this is possible\supported.

Hi does the appliance support zap_eth channels ? also can you install addintional packages ? as it need to run fonulator to upload the firmware.
I would give support at red-fone a call, They are nice guys and always happy to help.

Ian

RedFone’s support said that we would have to incorporate their zaptel driver into the Appliance. Is that the zap_eth you mentioned?.

It is easy to manually edit configuration files for existing packages, but it’s not yet clear whether we can add custom packages or do a custom firmware build (if that’s necessary) on the appliance. You might just get what you get. I’m trying to find out from Digium’s tech support what degree of extensibility is possible, and I’ll post here once I get a response.

Hi

Yep

[quote]It is easy to manually edit configuration files for existing packages, but it’s not yet clear whether we can add custom packages or do a custom firmware build (if that’s necessary) on the appliance. You might just get what you get. I’m trying to find out from Digium’s tech support what degree of extensibility is possible, and I’ll post here once I get a response.
[/quote]

You do need to install packages and firmware

Ian