Asterisk and upgrade

Hello !
I’m a trainee in a compagnie and they ask me about the upgrade. When a new security hole is discover, they want a automatically upgrade (like package in debian). They don’t want to download the last release and upgrade manualy. They also want a 1.4 release. So how i can do that ? Do i have to use asteriskNOW ?

Thank you

ps: sorry for my english mistakes, but it’s not my native language.

You could write a script that downloads the latest version and installs it. It should’nt be too hard.
The latest version is named “asterisk-1.4-current.tar.gz” for Asterisk and “zaptel-1.4-current.tar.gz” for Zaptel so your script would download those and do the install.

A word of caution though. You need to carefully look at the changelogs and the readme before doing any upgrades as there may be changes that break your dialplans. Asterisk upgrades, even minor versions, should never be taken lightly. Asterisk is definately one of those applications where “If it isn’t broken dont fix it.” really applies.

So when i will leave the compagnie i have to tell them: you have the choice between:
The system will upgrade automaticaly so all securitt hole discover will be fix, but one day maybe you will have your telephony down, or It will always work , but you certainly will have vulnerability
:laughing: :unamused:

[quote=“alexandr-e”]So when i will leave the compagnie i have to tell them: you have the choice between:
The system will upgrade automaticaly so all securitt hole discover will be fix, but one day maybe you will have your telephony down, or It will always work , but you certainly will have vulnerability
:laughing: :unamused:[/quote]
Yes. But I cant see problem. I made upgrade of my Kubuntu on my laptop.
Then I spent some hours to get back X server, and even more hours to solve problems with 2D / 3D - it was because I have ATI card.

I did a lot of upgrades of Asterisk, which had some modifications in sources. Normally I am spending 4 to 8 hours for upgrade.