Asterisk and Digium in a Production environment on Linux 2.6

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has Asterisk with Digium TDM400P running on Linux 2.6 in a production environment. I know it will work on my old PC in the basement. I am wondering if it is ready for a 24/7/365 business environment where zero down time, zero reboots is the expectation.

We are running 3 asterisk machines with 2.6 kernel in a production environment (IT company with 130 people + call center with some additional 20 agents).
We have 3 TDM400P cards and 1 TE41-P in one machine, which is the actual PBX, another machine is the extension server for the company and the third machine is the call center machine (for queues, voiceboxes, IVR and so on).

So far, everything works nicely, there are some glitches though, like FAX, this is really sick with *, not reliable at all, but other than that, no problems on 2.6 kernel, we are running * 1.08 on every machine.

HTH

Henri Rodat
GeCAD Group
BUcharest, Romania

That’s good to know Henri,

So your running 3 digium TDM400P cards in 1 server with 4Fxo’s on each?

What model of server or model of motherboard are you using if you don’t mind me asking?

Fax is not a problem. The open source fax software is still early beta so I did not expect it to be working all that great.

Yes, we are running 3 TDM400P cards with 10 FXO and 2 FXS modules on them.

We are using servers with ASUS P4C800-E motherboard here.

HTH

Henri Rodat
GeCAD Group
Bucharest, Romania