Asterisk and Avaya Aura

I’m wondering if anyone is running Avaya Aura and has integrated Asterisk.

We have a well established Asterisk solution and are purchasing an Avaya Aura Core to front end our CS2100 legacy PBX. We are wondering how if we can integrate our existing Asterisk, such that the Avaya Aura Core can do all the call routing etc.

We are then also wondering about how licensing works with third party PBX’s

Rick

[quote=“Rjesse”]I’m wondering if anyone is running Avaya Aura and has integrated Asterisk.

We have a well established Asterisk solution and are purchasing an Avaya Aura Core to front end our CS2100 legacy PBX. We are wondering how if we can integrate our existing Asterisk, such that the Avaya Aura Core can do all the call routing etc.

We are then also wondering about how licensing works with third party PBX’s

Rick[/quote]

About 6 years ago I worked for a company that had an Avaya v9.5 call center in San Diego and didn’t want to spend the big money to add a second one to new office opening in Kansas City–instead they wanted to interface with an Asterisk system Kansas CIty. I setup two Trixbox servers, one sitting right next to Avaya server in San Diego, the other in Kansas City office. Setup IAX trunking between the trixbox servers and configured a PRI trunk group to interface between Avaya and Asterisk in San Diego. Configured it for 4 digit dialing between the two systems and wound up configuring the San Diego trixbox as a 16 port Conference bridge to boot! Worked pretty slick for as far as I took it. Left company 2 months later-- before I could get too fancy with it. No licensing issue doing it that way. Now that Avaya can do SIP, there are more options but you gonna pay to play that way. I’m just now back in an Avaya Enterprise position after 5 years and would love to hear from others that have figured out ways to integrate Asterisk into the Aura platform (speech to text, CTI, etc)