Adding Alarm Receiver

hi, I am working with an OpenWRT router with Asterisk already installed and configured for the board; however, Alarm Receiver was stripped from Asterisk before being installed.

Is there any way to add Alarm Receiver to Asterisk after it is already on the router or will I have to recompile their Asterisk build with Alarm Receiver?

I’m very new to Asterisk so I apologize if this is a naive question.

specifics:

• Processor: AR9331
  • OpenWRT 12.09
  • Asterisk 11.16.0

Thanks for the help,
-ED

You’ll have to have a compiled app_alarmreceiver.so. So…you’ll need the environment that did the build and you’ll need to add, rebuild, and then you can drop the .so in place on the router.

There was a compiled alarmreceiver that could be installed using opkg; however, Asterisk was unwilling to run the app because it “was not compiled with the same compile-time options” (the Asterisk CLI output is below). I did notice that the AlarmReceiver is version 11.12 where the Asterisk version is 11.16. Is this the problem? Will a new app_alarmreceiver.so need to be compiled under a newer environment?

Thanks for the help,
-ED

[color=#0040BF]dragino-143800*CLI> module load app_alarmreceiver.so[/color]
[color=#A0A0A0]Unable to load module app_alarmreceiver.so
Command ‘module load app_alarmreceiver.so’ failed.
[Jan 19 19:56:18] WARNING[1813]: loader.c:840 inspect_module: Module ‘app_alarmreceiver.so’ was not compiled with the same compile-time options as this version of Asterisk.
[Jan 19 19:56:18] WARNING[1813]: loader.c:841 inspect_module: Module ‘app_alarmreceiver.so’ will not be initialized as it may cause instability.
[Jan 19 19:56:18] WARNING[1813]: loader.c:931 load_resource: Module ‘app_alarmreceiver.so’ could not be loaded.[/color]

You need to compile it under exactly the same environment, both Asterisk version, platform, and the settings selected with menuconfig. In many cases the code will run properly when this is not true, but it would take a careful analysis of the code to be sure of that.