503 Service Unavailable on international calls

We’re running an instance of Asterisk 13.13.1 on CentOS 7.

One of our remote users has reported that he is unable to make international calls on his company-issued desk phone. I can see from SIP debugging that calls end prematurely with “503 Service Unavailable.”

However, I tried dialing a weather number in Australia on my desk phone and the call went through.

Here’s a copy of the affected user’s sip.conf entry along with a sample call log: http://pastebin.com/jqLb39d0

Any ideas?

No attachments, but, in any case, we need the dialplan as well. It is likely that the context in sip.conf refers to a dialplan section that doesn’t allow international calls.

Asterisk itself has no concept, whatsoever, of international calls.

Is this, by any chance, FreePBX, as this is the wrong place for that, and the dialplan would be unmanageably large to post here.

No, we don’t use FreePBX.

Up until recently, my company used an instance of Asterisk 1.4 that was running on an ancient server. It died last week and we had to migrate unexpectedly to the Asterisk 13.13 VM that I was setting up for future use down the road.

I was in the middle of the Asterisk Essentials course at the time, so this is some of my first hands-on - and troubleshooting - experience.

The board doesn’t seem to accept non-graphic attachments, so here’s a link to the dialplan: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_SJj30K3_o2RXVtNW1kVEYwSzA/view?usp=sharing

I know it’s full of all sorts of cruft and bad things, but one thing I will say is that both the affected user and I have the same context in sip.conf - [from-mimext]. I can make international calls, but he apparently cannot.

Oh, and the user reported:

When I make the call, it sounds like it’s ringing, but it’s the typical US phone ring, not the lower-toned international phone ring.

Is there something that can be done to fix this?

;! Don't modify this script on the pbx server!!! Your changes will be lost!! Modify the version in the /opt/hgrepos/projects/logparse repo and commit/push it.

The first lines on that dialplan indicate that you are using some front end. We are not going to be able to help you configure that GUI or non-GUI front end to create a suitable dialplan.

You need to provide logging at verbosity 3 or higher, for a failed call, so we can see how it is being handled.

That warning a carryover from the old server. The system it references is no longer in use. (Like I said, there’s a lot of cruft I have to clean out… :frowning: )

I’ll grab the output you requested when I get in tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far.

After some further investigation, I believe this was trouble with specific phone numbers. The user in question could successfully call the international test phone number that I used.