3-5 Second sound clip before transferring call

Hi All,

As we have many extensions I figured it would be easier to have asterisk play a .wav file when you transfer the call to a specific person telling the caller the number of the extension of the person you called with a very quick company advertisement.

Let’s say someone phones and wants to speak to John.

The receptionist has a list of extensions and on the list John is 205.
She/he transfers the call to 205. The automated .wav file plays giving the client the email address of the John and then transfers the call to John.

The reason for this, is the nature of our business requires the customers to speak to their own appointed agent. I’d like to give them as much information as possible about this agent, maybe even play his theme song, and then transfer the call to the agent and if he/she is not at his/her desk at that moment the client will be able to contact that specific agent in the “other methods” described the announcement wave file.

I think I may have a way to do this but I need some more info from you guys.

My plan:
Extension 205 plays a pre-recorded .wav file from the ./moh folder (music on hold)
after x amount of seconds of “no answer” (lets say 5 seconds) the call gets transferred to the “real” extension 305 (John’s phone).

How will I go in setting this up?

I just need help with the incoming route config.

I don’t have a technical solution for this, but I would urge you to re-consider about the basic principle of your feature.
When a customer calls in, he wants to talk directly to his agent as soon as possible. So it is vital that agents have a direct public number that only rings the agents phone. Secondly, the customer doesn’t want to listen to a bunch of crap - he just wants to be connected to his agent ASAP. Even if you give him the contact information before you ring the agent’s phone, the customer won’t remember it anyways.

So if you ask me, you would be much better off with:

• each agent having a direct public number (very few call transfers needed)
  • if the agent is not behind the desk, let voicemail and missed calls do the work. The agent needs to call the customer back anyways.

Based on my experience totally agree :mrgreen:

[quote=“dejanst”] The customer doesn’t want to listen to a bunch of crap - he just wants to be connected to his agent ASAP. Even if you give him the contact information before you ring the agent’s phone, the customer won’t remember it anyways.
[/quote]