Zapata.conf missing

Brand new to Linux and Asterisk. Installing and setting up Asterisk for the first time.

Installed CentOS 5.2 with all devel packages. Following “Asterisk - The Future of Telephony”, I downloaded, compiled, and installed the Zaptel drivers, libri, and Asterisk 1.4.22.

I see zaptel.conf under /etc but I cannot find zapata.conf. If I run zttool, it shows my Digium Wildcare TE110P T1/E1 Card 0 and Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1.

Did I do something wrong that has caused zapata.conf not to be created? How do I correct this?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I gave up. I installed Asterisk 1.6.0 with Dahdi 2.0.0 and the hardware is now working. Now I need to configure it.

I had the same problem…

Asterisk 1.4.22
Zaptel 1.4.12.1

Executed “make samples” for both, but zapata.conf did not exist… There is, however, a chan_dahdi.conf which contains all the same stuff that zapata.conf typically did.

Strangeness:

• If I put my normal TE412 config into chan_dahdi.conf, it DOES NOT load the channels at all. If I take the exact same config and move it into zapata.conf, it works fine.
  • Also, when you execute a “reload chan_dahdi” within asterisk, it fails zapata.conf doesn’t exist.
  • So, the simplest solution for all of this is to create a zapata.conf file and put your config in there. Then, just leave chan_dahdi.conf blank.

I think all of this is due to Digium changing the name of Zaptel to DAHDI, but something is not completely correct with the two versions I listed above.

samething here… I’ve updated to asterisk 1.4.22 and now I’m unable to recieve card on my analog card,

I’ve installed dahdi-linux and dahdi-tool… my cards seems to be detected by the os :

dahdi_hardware

pci:0000:0a:00.0 wctdm+ e159:0001 Wildcard TDM400P REV I
pci:0000:0a:01.0 wctdm+ e159:0001 Wildcard TDM400P REV I

but asterisk don’t want to use them!

plus there’s a bug with the asterisk-gui once zaptel is not used the gui can’t detect analog cards…

anyone can help ? I need to get this working by tomorow morning… :stuck_out_tongue:

try this: svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/bran … -DAHDI.txt

or use dahdi.

personally I was not able to run 1.4.22 with zaptel (latest) so I just sticked with the 1.4.21.2 version…