Working with DND

We are using an Asterisk PBX version 11.13.0 (part of an Elastix installation), Grandstream GPX 1200 SIP phones and Xtelsio 3.x Client software and uses a Asterisk TAPI driver to connect to the AMI.

When the MUTE button is pressed on the Grandstream phone, the Asterisk isn’t been notified (‘core show hints’ shows the extension as IDLE…) The Xtelsio Status has also the IDLE state (green)

When *76 is dialed the Asterisk status changes to ‘BUSY’ but the phone doesn’t show it’s in a BUSY state. The Xtelsio Status will change to blue…

Is there a way to combine the Grandstream MUTE button and *76?

OR

This Xtelsio TAPI driver has te ability to control CallForwarding and DoNotDisturb by calling the CtiCF and CtiDND action, but they are not functional… When I use ‘Manager show commands’ these 2 commands are indeed unknown, and there is no action available whit equal functionality. The Xtelsio Website mentioned that ‘a special adapted’ asterisk installation is required. Til now I’ve been unable to find information about this special adaptation or how to create additional Actions…

I found this on their site:

http://www.xtelsio.com/hlp/en/ast/ast/DND_CF_USERINFO_specification.txt

But no reference as to patches to add in support for their custom events.

I’d recommend contacting the vendor.

Thanks for te reply…

I had already found this document, but it has no usefull information…