Why and When do i need libpri?

Hello everyone ,
i have been searching an answer to this question but the only thing i found is that in some cases is better to install libri.
i need a more clear answer on the subject so if anyone knows when and why do i need to install libpri … please enlighten me.

From chan_dahdi.c:

[code]* libpri. Libpri is optional and needed only if you are

• going to use ISDN connections.[/code]

[quote=“david55”]From chan_dahdi.c:

• going to use ISDN connections.[/code][/quote]

so i need it when i m installing an isdn bri card like bn4s ?

the installation manual of bn4s does not mention libri at all , just misdn and misdnuser and the card works .

or

i need libri when i install an isdn (BRI) card and want to use it with asterisk’s chan_dahdi?(can i do this at all?)

It’s only used by chan_dahdi. I would have thought the easiest approach was simply to always include it. However, I assume it will fail to compile if you configure an option that needs it, but don’t provide it.

Thank you for your answers :smiley:

I do some experiment find that if you install libpri,then lib would put in /usr/lib, so chan_dahdi.c can locate lib. if not asterisk may not start well

[quote=“resistance7”][quote=“david55”]From chan_dahdi.c:

• going to use ISDN connections.[/code][/quote]

so i need it when i m installing an isdn bri card like bn4s ?

the installation manual of bn4s does not mention libri at all , just misdn and misdnuser and the card works .

or

i need libri when i install an isdn (BRI) card and want to use it with asterisk’s chan_dahdi?(can i do this at all?)[/quote]