What hardware that i need for asterisk?

Hai,
I am understand that this question have been a lot of people asking.
But i am try develop a simple phone system(for online store) where user able to keep login to the system by phone.Their keep in pin number and checking balance remain.But the only less that 50 user will be use this system.

So what i hardware that i need for asterisk based by my system?
Because i have saw a lot of analog card available here but not sure which want that i need to buy.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Regards,

Wallace

If you expect all of them to participate in conference at once - then you will need really powerful hardware - with very powerful processor.
Pentium 4 3GHz could handle approximately 30 simultaneous calls (this is different from conference), without transcoding.

But which analog card that i need to buy?Do i need buy the digital card also?

I am very new with asterisk…

[quote=“bira_more”]If you expect all of them to participate in conference at once - then you will need really powerful hardware - with very powerful processor.
Pentium 4 3GHz could handle approximately 30 simultaneous calls (this is different from conference), without transcoding.[/quote] :blush:

If you dont plane to terminate to PSTN line - you dont need hardware cards.
You can start reading:
downloads.oreilly.com/books/9780596510480.pdf

If i have plan use 1 phone line(no hunting line),i not need buy hardware card?

[quote=“bira_more”]If you dont plane to terminate to PSTN line - you dont need hardware cards.
You can start reading:
downloads.oreilly.com/books/9780596510480.pdf[/quote]

Doesn’t matter how many lines you will use. Matter how you plane to connect your system to the world.
If through PSTN - you will need hardware, if through SIP - no PCBs.
Very well described in Asterisk The Future of Telephony.