Vosk server docker implementation with asterisk

Hello

docker run -d -p 2700:2700 alphacep/kaldi-en:latest

pls guide how to use two different model/language on same asterisk server ?
One speech model is working fine but we need two model/languages, English and Hindi .
pls see.

Running Asterisk under docker isn’t something that is really supported.

You can run two instances of the Asterisk daemon on the same server, by allocating them different port numbers and using the configuration file option on the command line to point them to different asterisk.conf files.

Otherwise the language is normally set as a property of the endpoint on which the call originated, but can be changed using Set(CHANNEL(language)=....)

I would have thought you would have needed at least Tamil, as well to give reasonable coverage of India.

David as your answers are always quite accurate and with solid technical background, could you provide more details about this, as I have several Asterisk servers running very stable on docker containers, maybe I have missed something and this is the reason why you make such a statement.

I’m really only quoting what people like Joshua have said in the past.

Asterisk will run under Docker, but the project doesn’t support the entire Docker side and anything else involved because it can get complex - particularly with networking.

People think “I can just run a Docker container and it just works” when in reality it’s more complicated than that due to SIP embedding IP address information, and the network implementation they may have used without realizing it. Because the problem is “with Asterisk” they come to us for help with that side as well.

“I can just start multiple containers and they’ll magically work!” when in reality yet again it’s far more complex than that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.