VOIP + Calling Card / Prepay + multiple phones

Hi,

I am fairly new to Asterisk but have searched around a bit.

We have an account with www.concerotalk.com and are using a router which hooks up to 2 normal phones. At the moment, we allow our customers to use these two phones and charge them using a tariff code excel sheet.

Now, we are seeing that demand for this is picking up and so we would like to setup say, 4 phones (expandable) that could use Asterisk and a calling card system. All outgoing calls would go through the router from concerotalk.com but local calls will go through a local landline.

Can someone advise, which hardware from digium I need to use for this to work with Asterisk?

The software to be used is astbss.org.

Appreciate any help offered.

Kind regards,

Karotu

Howdy,

How many local landlines? Analog? Digital BRI? Digital PRI/E1/T1?

Are the 4 phones analog phones or SIP phones?

Hi Malcolmd,

2 landlines - FXO
1 VOIP / to connect to ETH0? - I am not sure about this. But what I mean here is that the router from concerotalk will connect to this.
4 SIP phones. Is this expandable? We’d like to add more lines for office use.

I now understand that if these are analogue phones, I might need to get a card with more ports?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Karotu

[quote=“karotu”]Hi Malcolmd,

2 landlines - FXO
1 VOIP / to connect to ETH0? - I am not sure about this. But what I mean here is that the router from concerotalk will connect to this.

I now understand that if these are analogue phones, I might need to get a card with more ports?

Kind regards,

Karotu[/quote]

The number of SIP phones isn’t dictated by any specific hardware interfaces. The VoIP connection occurs across your regular ethernet interface.

For the FXO’s, Digium builds a 4-port modular analog interface card, the TDM410, that accepts an FXS or FXO modules into each of its four slots (populate as few / many as you like).

digium.com/en/products/analog/

AEX410 is the PCI-Express version.

Cheers.

Hi Malcolm,

So technically, if I leave out the landlines, I could just use Asterisk and the SIP phones with the calling card software? No digium card required?

Regards,

Karotu

[quote=“malcolmd”][quote=“karotu”]Hi Malcolmd,

2 landlines - FXO

Kind regards,

Karotu[/quote]

The number of SIP phones isn’t dictated by any specific hardware interfaces. The VoIP connection occurs across your regular ethernet interface.

For the FXO’s, Digium builds a 4-port modular analog interface card, the TDM410, that accepts an FXS or FXO modules into each of its four slots (populate as few / many as you like).

digium.com/en/products/analog/

AEX410 is the PCI-Express version.

Cheers.[/quote]

Correct.