Video recording_How can i play the recorded video(h264 codec)

I have configured asterisk 13.18 for video calling and recording. My record video saved in /etc/record folder and set full access. (drwxr-xrwx 2 asterisk asterisk 4096 Oct 8 10:05 record/)

Both calling and recording is working fine and video is saved in record folder with h264 format.

I have face the below issues

1. Need to play the recorded video, tried with playback application but video stream is too slow and take more time to complete. How can i play the recorded vide?

2. I want to convert recorded video into mp4/3gp/mkv.

My sip.conf as follows

[general]

allowguest=no

allowoverlap=no

bindaddr=0.0.0.0

srvlookup=no

disallow=all

allow=ulaw

allow=alaw

allow=h264

videosupport=yes

alwaysauthreject=yes

canreinvite=no

[7001]

type=friend

username=hp

host=dynamic

secret=7001

context=call-test

[7002]

type=friend

username=lenovo

host=dynamic

secret=7002

context=call-test

My extension.conf is as follows

[call-test]

exten =500,1,Answer()

same =n,Wait(3)

same =n,Record(“/record/video%d:wav”,0,120,qk)

same =n,Hangup()

exten =200,1,Answer()

same =n,Wait(3)

same =n,Record(“/record/video%d:wav”,0,120,qk)

same =n,Hangup()

You can save the audio streams, but not the video streams.

Both video calling and recording is working fine, video and audio is saved in record folder with h264 format.

That would imply that “Record” behaves differently than “MixMonitor”. I actually haven’t checked that.

MixMonitor is differ from Record, MixMonitor application can record and save both inbond and outbond calls.
Record application can record and save both video and audio. video saved in h264 format and Audio saved in wav format as per my above configuration.

There is an existing open issue[1] for slow video playback.

[1] [ASTERISK-27125] Core/Codec: Video playback extremely slow, around 1FPS - Digium/Asterisk JIRA

How can i Play this recorded video, if any possible to convert the h264 video into other format (3gp/mp4/mkv).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.