(video) Call Recording not creating .h264 file

I am trying to record the video content of a call, and am having issues with actually generating the video file.

When a call is established i can see mixmon creating the audio (.wav) file, and post call this does indeed contain the audio from the call.

From the posts i have read, the general consensus seems to be that if audio recording works, then the process should create an identically named ( with .h264 extension) for the video RTP data, but this is not occurring, and neither is there any error/warning reported in the full log file.

I am testing between two Bria apple clients, which have ulaw for audio, h264 for video. The Asterisk (1.8.20.1) server is also configured to exclusively use these codecs.
reinvite=no

Is there anything obvious i have omitted/overlooked?

many thanks,
Nick

Does anyone have an update on this post?
Really interested to know how to record video from a call.
I really want to do this myself.

1. The post you have replied to is 10 years old

2. The Asterisk version it discusses is about the same age, and very definitely
    no longer supported.

3. There is plenty mention of audio, but nothing about video, at
    Asterisk 18 Application_MixMonitor - Asterisk Project - Asterisk Project Wiki

I suggest that you start a new thread telling us which supported version of
Asterisk you are now using, which video clients you are connecting, which
video codec they are using, and where you have found any documentation
suggesting that MixMonitor supports recording of video.

Antony.

The latest version of MixMonitor still uses audio hooks, and audio hooks still only capture AST_FRAME_VOICE type frames, not AST_FRAME_VIDEO ones.

Correct. MixMonitor has no support for video.