Using Asterisk as an advanced home phone router

Hello,

Before I go forward with an Asterisk router, I’d like to double check the feasibility of the following concept to be used to handle my phone lines at home

• I have one analog phone line. So I’ll need 1 FXO
  • I have one analog phone. So I’ll need 1 FXS
  • I have several VOIP SIP compatible phones (Siemens C450IP, ekiga softphone, …)
  • I have a SIP provider for unlimited calls to regular phones (wengophone.fr)

I’d like Asterisk to:

• handle any incoming call (over analog phone or VOIP)
  • and then rings all SIP and analog phones in my home (Ring All feature ?)
  • The first phone that is picked up, get the incoming call
  • Then the incoming call can be transfered to any other phone of the network, or we can also start a conference
  • To place a call, the SIP is used by default
  • When a star “*” is placed at the end of the phoçne number, the call is routed trough the analog line instead of the VOIP SIP IP line.
  • The softphones like ekiga will need echo cancellation because I am using the speakers…

Do you think all of this is feasible with asterisk, and what are the functions I should use ? Do you have any tutorial or how-to to start with ?

Thanks in advance.
Bernard.

Hi

• handle any incoming call (over analog phone or VOIP)

Not an issue

• and then rings all SIP and analog phones in my home (Ring All feature ?)

Not an issue

• The first phone that is picked up, get the incoming call

Not an issue

• Then the incoming call can be transfered to any other phone of the network, or we can also start a conference

Not an issue

• To place a call, the SIP is used by default

Not an issue

• When a star “*” is placed at the end of the phoçne number, the call is routed trough the analog line instead of the VOIP SIP IP line.

You would use prefixes not suffixs. IE dial 801234123456 for voip and 901234123456 for alog.

• The softphones like ekiga will need echo cancellation because I am using the speakers…

You would get some EC on the fxo calls but not enough top cope with a poor sofphone setup

Ian

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
This sounds very promising. All the feature I need are covered.
I am looking at the IP04 platform as a standalone router (http://www.rowetel.com/ucasterisk/ip04.html)

Do you know a tutorial that can help me to start with Asterisk setup do perform the above features ?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards
Bernard.