Usage example of Wiki info

Refer to wiki document: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Application_Dial
Dial(Technology/Resource&[Technology2/Resource2[&…]],[timeout,[options,[URL]]])
how to use dial plan WITH ARGUMENTS?

Thank you for help

What do you mean by ARGUMENTS? Please indicate exactly what part of the wiki is confusing you?

There re arguments list below syntax of Dial(Technology/Resource&[Technology2/Resource2[&…]],[timeout,[options,[URL]]]) in the wiki document. I am confusing to use syntax with given arguments. i need some tutorial to understand it. Just it …
Thank for reply

If you simply mean with channel variables substituted, this is not done by the individual applications. The dialplan interpreter is, effectively, a macro processor, and performs those substitutions before invoking the application. There are many examples of this in the sample extensions.conf, supplied with Asterisk.

Dial(SIP/10000) <= where and how to put arguments

Please explain what you mean by the arguments. You already have one argument to the application, “SIP/1000”. Other arguments to the application follow, separated by commas.

The use of “[]” to indicate optional is extremely venerable - at last 60 years old, if not older. The use of ellipsis is less common, but, I would have thought obvious.

Have you looked at the concrete examples in extensions.conf.sample?

Also, the fact that you are asking such basic questions suggests this is a new system, in which case, you should, almost certainly be using PJSIP, rather than chan_sip.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.